Crystal Reports 10 For Dummies Paperback – 4 Jun 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Sample reports and more on companion Web site
Create simple or sophisticated reports, add elements, format, and deliver them
What good is all that data you’re keeping if you can’t put it in a form that means something? This handy guide gets you going with Crystal Reports 10 and its exciting enterprise enhancements. Let your data out of the database and turn it into interactive reports that tell you, and others, what’s happening in your business.
The Dummies Way
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear–out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
- Create and print a simple report
- Design reports to meet specific needs
- Sort, group, and total result sets
- Develop and update OLAP reports
- Integrate Crystal Reports with Crystal Enterprise® and Crystal Analysis®
About the Author
Allen G. Taylor teaches database development at a leading online education company and electrical engineering at Portland State University. He has authored twenty books, including SQL® For Dummies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Well worth the money.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Most of the data a business wants to look at is maintained in a database. How to produce a report that is customized for what you (or your boss) want to see can be done by going directly to the database, executing a query and then printing it out in a format that you want to see -- bah humbug. Who wants to go program all that stuff?
Hence Crystal Reports. Here is a program that allows you to basically point and click and produce the report you want. It's rather simple to use for a simple straight forward report. That's why Crystal Reports is included in some 200 software packages.
Now, why buy a book on it, and why this book in particular. First, if you've looked at the documentation provided by Crystal Reports you've probably thrown up your hands in disgust. Second, because you've gotten to this page means you probably searched for something on Crystal Reports and found that you didn't have all that many choices that cover Version 10. Third, this is a 'For Dummies' book. It is written in a style that most of use can read and get some sense out of it.
If you're just getting started, this is a good place. If you're already an expert, this will tell you about what's possible in the newest version.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics