Customer reviews

on 26 September 2017
I love this book. It is as vivid now as it was when I first read it years ago, it brings that long ago time to life in a very real sense and the story rattles along at a pace that keeps you wanting to read more. If it is not how the legend of Merlin grew than it should be!
on 6 August 2014
A well written narrative with interesting insights into the times, albeit highly imaginative as records of the time are sparse and tend to be written many years after the events. Other reviewers have gone into considerable detail so I will not repeat what is said in some quite detailed accounts. However I will say that I did not warm to this Merlin and felt particularly unhappy about how his part in the seduction of Ygraine was portrayed. I was left feeling it was all a terrible waste.
on 25 May 2017
This is a good read if you enjoy myths and legends. However, it also encouraged me to look into the historical aspects of the story, which highlighted the truth about history - it all depends who's relating it; everyone has their own version. I'm on to the next part of the story now!
on 15 June 2016
Read this book when I was a teenager and wanted to re read it as I love anything to do with Merlin and Arthur
on 17 May 2017
Brilliant well written enthralling book. I have read many times and remains a firm favourite
on 18 September 2017
I started this book as a sample, but simply became hooked and had to purchase it. I've barely been able to put it down, and read it in record time! I love the authors different take on the story of Merlin and The Pendragon's. Can't wait for the sequel!
on 20 May 2017
Good story
on 17 March 2017
Wonderful read
on 23 July 2015
Brilliant
on 18 August 2017
Read this years ago , still a very good read.