- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies Paperback – 13 Nov 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Put your cryptic–cracking skills to use!
With over 50 puzzles and 1,750 clues for you to conquer, Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies is filled with Cryptics that range from (relatively) simple to expert–level, along with brief explanations of the most common types of clues and helpful hints on how to solve them. Used on its own or as a companion to Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies, this book will keep your brain busy for hours!
- Apply the basics use fundamentals rules to solve puzzles
- Build your solving skills practice consistently on various grid types
- Tackle pesky anagrams decodes anagram clues aplenty
- Use sums to find the answers add and subtract letters to get the correct word
- Detect double definition answer hints with more than one meaning
- Explore hidden messages become a master at uncovering unseen solutions
About the Author
Denise Sutherland is a syndicated puzzle author. Her crosswords, word searches and other puzzles appear in a range of publications around the world, and she has written many puzzle books, including Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies and Word Searches For Dummies.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really good book. Bought alongside "solving cryptic crosswords for dummies". Nice and easy to read and simple explanations page by page.Published 21 months ago by Flora Robson
Just what I wanted. I am just getting into the cryptic crossword, so very apt.Published on 6 May 2015 by Violetta