4.5 star review

I was hooked in from the start, and questioning what I would do in the same situation and who the hell was the bloke in the earpiece...
Clever, clever, clever, and an easy page turning read with suspense and chills. The plot lines flow and are easy to follow, and although I felt for Erin with her situation I did not connect with her 100%, but maybe there is good reason for that.
How would you feel if your young child is taken and you have to do acts that you wouldn't carry out under any circumstances or so you think.
That is what hooked me in and kept me reading.... although part of a series I didn't realise and read this very easily as a stand alone.
The supporting characters are intertwined within the story and keep it twisting, thoroughly loved the ending!!!
I shall definitely look out for more by this author.
on 9 November 2017
I'm not usually a fan of detective based novems but *THIS* was a goooooood book.

Erin - mother to six month old Georgia - wakes up late one evening after she appears to have been drugged and finds her baby has disappeared. After a few frantic moments, she discovers an ear piece with a man at the other end telling her exactly what she needs to do to get her baby back - Kill.

This was super thrilling and fast paced read and I enjoyed it thoroughly... and that ending? I didn't expect that at all, it didn't even cross my mind which makes for a fantastic twist.
on 8 April 2017
I have to say, I managed to read the book in one sitting. Which is a good sign. It kept me interested enough to turn the pages. But the characters are a bit simple, with silly dialogues at times, and the conclusion was very obvious. However, I've read worse books on offer recently, so giving this one a solid 3 stars..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
What more can I say, couldn't put this down, edge of seat stuff and gripping all the way with loads of twists and turns. Felt as though I had been on a roller coaster when I had finished this as I couldn't stop reading. Not read any from David Jackson before but I am sure I will be doing in the future.

Loved the twist at the end, not what I expected and loved how it flicked from Erin to Detective Callum Doyle in the story. Would be wonderful if there was a follow-up to this. Cannot believe it is so cheap.

Can thoroughly recommend, buy it now, you will not be sorry.
on 18 January 2015
If I see a book I like the look of I buy it even if I don't read it straight away and this book caught my eye a few weeks ago. Last night I read it. What an excellent find. An extremely graphic novel very detailed and emotional. Erin is put into a situation that is a pure nightmare and your heart breaks for her. The detectives Doyle and Tommy are both funny and professional and Albert is brilliant. What a great book. Downloading the first 3 novels now but this book can be read as a stand alone novel. I would definitely buy book 5
on 14 April 2016
Easily readable. Story pulled you in. I really wanted to like the ending a bit more than I did - but I can understand why a lot of readers felt short-changed at the twist and the ending. But, goodness me - at 99p for Kindle, it's really not worth getting upset about. A very accessible read. Kept me entertained for an evening, for sure. That's cheaper than the cinema!
on 7 August 2017
Great read a gripping thriller with plenty of twists and turns. Just couldn't put the book down. Certainly wasn't expecting the twist at the end. Definitely worth a read.
on 17 November 2017
Well I usually work out a plot really quickly but I was so so wrong very cleaver writing well go on to read the others as Doyle has me hooked thank u for a great book
on 13 June 2015
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time Without giving anything away I genuinely didn't see the identity of the man in the earpiece coming. This book held my attention and was gripping and unpredictable throughout. I wanted to get to the end to see what happened but I didn't want the book to finish! That's how good it is.
on 25 July 2014
Far too much dialogue between Erin and her tormentor. First I have read by this author and I did like the character of Doyle but this book for me was to say the least uninspiring. May read another but at the moment I have better on my kindle so I will put this author on the back burner! Would not recommend if you like fast pacededge of the seat excitement!