- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Crossing the River: The History of London's Thames River Bridges from Richmond to the Tower Hardcover – 1 Jun 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A fascinating general text offering fresh insight into London's bridges" (Bridge Design and Engineering)
About the Author
Brian Cookson is a former computer consultant who since 1993 has worked as a London tourist guide and lecturer on the capital's history. He is also the author of London's Waterside Walks.
Top customer reviews
It was my late father who managed to free the boat, he was a Waterman & Lighterman named Christopher Baker. I rememeber seeing him on the local News at the time and reading about it in the newspaper.
Could anyone please let me know if there is any mention of him in this book, as if there is I would love to make a purchase.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Social & Cultural > Local & Urban > London
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom > Regions > South & South East England
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing