- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 455 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Publisher: Adventura Publishing (19 Jun. 2008)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001CYVLVK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #209,559 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.95|
Save £7.73 (78%)
Crossing the Darien Gap: A Daring Journey Through the Roadless and Enchanting Jungle Between North America and South America Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for £7.99 a month, including this one. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
when he travelled this route by foot and boat between Panama and Columbia. For
somebody of that age it must have taken a lot of courage.
I found the book to be interesting rather than exciting. He describes some of the villages
and his experiences, which were fascinating. Also he met a lot of people - some very pleasant
and helpful and others who were unpleasant and just went out of their way to rip him off.
As this book was set in the late 1980's, I think he was one of the last people to do this walk before
the Columbians made it too dangerous. I did enjoy the book, but it was a bit repetitive and I would
not pay the full price for it.
I found the authors style captivating, it was personal in nature, and really evoked what he was describing.
I'll be recommending this book to my friends.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Active Pursuits > Walking, Hiking & Trekking
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Central & South America
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sport > Fishing & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Hiking & Camping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Latin America