- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: Faber & Faber; Main edition (1 Nov. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0571238238
- ISBN-13: 978-0571238231
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 0.7 x 19.7 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,373,965 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Crocodiles & Obelisks Paperback – 1 Nov 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Jamie McKendrick's Crocodiles & Obelisks is a fascinating new collection of poems exploring different ways of remembering, from the Forward Poetry Prize-winning poet and translator.
About the Author
Jamie McKendrick was born in Liverpool in 1955. He taught at the University of Salerno in Italy and is the author of four collections of poetry: The Sirocco Room (1991); The Kiosk on the Brink (1993); The Marble Fly (1997), winner of the Forward Poetry Prize (Best Poetry Collection of the Year) and a Poetry Book Society Choice; and Ink Stone (2003), which was shortlisted for the 2003 T. S. Eliot Prize and the 2003 Whitbread Poetry Award. He is editor of the 20th-Century Italian Poems (2004), and his translation of the poetry of Valerio Magrelli will be published by Faber next year. Jamie McKendrick lives in Oxford.