- Hardcover: 464 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Academic (1 May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849664684
- ISBN-13: 978-1849664684
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 3.8 x 24.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,311,786 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
A Critical Woman: Barbara Wootton, Social Science and Public Policy in the Twentieth Century Hardcover – 1 May 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'(Barbara Wootton) was a woman - a person - ahead of her time, critical in both senses of that word; both important and a source of acute commentary on many of those customs and arrangements that deeply affect all our lives.'
--New Humanist (May 2011)
About the Author
Ann Oakley is a leading British sociologist and writer. She is Professor of Sociology and Social Policy at the Institute of Education, University of London, where she set up the Social Science Research Unit and the EPPI-Centre, an enterprise devoted to making social research useful to policy-makers. She is the author of many books. Her non-fiction includes The Sociology of Housework (1974), Becoming A Mother (1979), Experiments in Knowing (2000) and Gender on Planet Earth (2002). Among her novels are A Proper Holiday (1996), Overheads (1999), and The Men's Room (1988), which was made into a BBC TV series.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History