Critical Thinking: Tools for Taking Charge of Your Professional and Personal Life Hardcover – 13 Jun 2002
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Critical Thinking is about becoming a better thinker in every aspect of your life: in your career, and as a consumer, citizen, friend, parent, and lover. Discover the core skills of effective thinking; then analyze your own thought processes, identify weaknesses, and overcome them. Learn how to translate more effective thinking into better decisions, less frustration, more wealth Ñ and above all, greater confidence to pursue and achieve your most important goals in life.
About the Author
DR. RICHARD W. PAUL is Director of Research and Professional Development at the Center for Critical Thinking and the Chair of the National Council for Excellence in Critical Thinking. He has authored six books and more than 200 articles on critical thinking. In over 35 years of teaching experience, he has won numerous awards and honors, including Distinguished Perry Lecturer for the year 2000.
DR. LINDA ELDER is an educational psychologist, President for the Foundation for Critical Thinking, and Executive Director of the Center for Critical Thinking. She is highly published and has done original research into the relation of thought and emotion. She is a regular keynoter at the International Conference on Critical Thinking and is a recognized leader in the field.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I found this book bit heavy to read and digest.
Critical thinking by Richard Paul and Linda Elder teaches how to develop a deep understanding of how our mind functions. They provide many thought provoking ideas. Here are just a few:
* "Typically, people see mistakes in other's thinking without being able to credit the strengths in those opposing views."
* "Numerous problems exist in human life because people fail to understand the important role that information plays in everything we do."
* "One of the fundamentals of critical thinking is the ability to assess one's own reasoning."
The book also discusses pitfalls of critical thinking such as social conditioning, biased experience and self-delusion. Knowing the pitfalls is a key to avoiding them.
This and many other concepts like it make the book a powerful learning tool for critical thinking skills. Critical Thinking does an excellent job of presenting ideas to help modify thinking patterns and improve both professional and personal lives.
The Re-Discovery of Common Sense: A Guide To: The Lost Art of Critical Thinking
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Professional Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Science
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy