Basic Critical Theory for Photographers Paperback – 15 Jul 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Summaries of key texts are followed by thought-provoking questions and practical assignments...the texts are well chosen." - www.photoarchivenews.com
"It's perfect for those who want to understand key debates in photography." - Amateur Photographer
"Ashley la Grange has written an excellent book which navigates through the context and meaning of photography. It covers photography from a range of cultural and historical perspectives as well as guiding the reader though a visual language which many outside the world of academic photography can only guess at...Basic Critical Theory for Photographers is one of those books which should become part of the syllabus of many of the excellent photography courses that are out there." - www.kickstartnews.com
"...a good introduction to theory for photographers looking to expand their understanding of their art form." - Photo Techniques
About the Author
Head of Photography at Rickmansworth School, UK. He is a consultant for exam boards in charge of deciding photography syllabi. He has a particular interest in demystifying critical theory.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book provide a basic critical theory for photographers. You can read each chapter individually, which are also interrelated. A very good book!Published on 9 Jun. 2013 by LEE Yuen Man
This book is the absolute 'must read' for anyone who takes their photography seriously and wants to know more about why photographs 'work'. Read morePublished on 7 Jun. 2012 by A. WILSON
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Theory
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation