Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£37.50|
Save £14.10 (38%)
Crisis Intervention Handbook: Assessment, Treatment, and Research 3rd , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 872 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
For my purposes, the book seemed to focus too much on subjects like terrorism and natural disasters. That might be perfect for someone who's a red cross volunteer, but I'm in crisis response and I deal more with psychiatric emergencies, and more "everyday crises". Also, I found that the book's large and voluminous nature made it a bit impractical. I.E., I'd have to search through the author's long imaginary narratives in order to find useful information to use with my clients.
I recently purchased another book on Amazon that you might want to consider called the "Pocket Guide to Crisis Intervention", which I like better. It basically covers everything, but in only 200 pages, and with bullet points and charts which are easily and quickly accessible. But I think it depends what you need, whether you'd prefer the pocket guide or this larger book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Care & Counselling > Crisis Management
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Counselling
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology > Pathologies