|Price:||£24.67 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Crisis (20:57) 2013 Remaster
2. Moonlight Shadow (3:38) 2013 Remaster
3. In High Places (3:33) 2013 Remaster
4. Foreign Affair (3:53) 2013 Remaster
5. Taurus 3 (2:25) 2013 Remaster
6. Shadow on the Wall (3:10) 2013 Remaster
7. Moonlight Shadow (3:35) Unplugged Mix. April 2013 Mix by Mike Oldfield (Previously Unreleased)
8. Shadow on the Wall (3:21) Unplugged Mix. May 2013 Mix by Mike Oldfield (Previously Unreleased)
9. Mistake (2:56) A Side Single, 2013 Remaster
10. Crime of Passion (4:10) Extended Version, 2013 Remaster
11. Jungle Gardenia (2:46) A & B Sides of single, 2013 Remaster
12. Moonlight Shadow (5:15) 12" Single / Extended Version, 2013 Remaster
13. Shadow on the Wall (5:09) 12" Single / Extended Version, 2013 Remaster
Crisis Tour, Live at Wembley Arena, 22 July 1983 (Previously Unreleased)
1. Taurus 1 (9:14)
2. Taurus II (23:08)
3. Crisis (23:15)
4. Moonlight Shadow (5:28)
5. Shadow on the Wall (6:26)
6. Family Man (4:14)
All original artwork can be found in this CD remaster, together with an informative book and some extra images of Mike Oldfield and reproduction of some concert tickets and posters.Read more ›
Crises came a year after Five miles out where Mike Oldfield seemed to re discover his mojo after the disappointing sales of both QE2 and Platinum. Crises with the help of the hit single Moonlight Shadow became Oldfield's most successful album since Tubular Bells, and the title track , gave a nod to that first album, with a slight re visit to that album. Crisis has been re-mastered again but this time by Oldfield, and in this package you do get a lot of bonus tracks including crime of passion which was always for me a great track, you get the 12" version of moonlight shadow and also a demo of the track as well.
The single mistake is also featured as an extra although it was included on the American issue. Then you get two live Cd'S of the Crises concert, the second disc is the same as the Deluxe version, but CD 2 has part one of Tubular bells, part three of incantations amongst others.
Then you get two DVD's the first is concert footage and promos from the time also a nice bit of Moonlight Shadow from top of the pops, and the promos for Moonlight shadow and Crime of passion.
The final disc is the album re-mixed in 5.1 either Dolby digital or DTS. The mix is quite a different sound to the original stereo album, track one Crises sounds pretty spectacular in places, and still is one of Oldfield's better latter long compositions. Moonlight Shadow appears to take elements form the 12" version making it sound quite different from the version on the original album.Read more ›
It has an urban feel but a laid back one at that. The electronic feel at points adds a futuristic air. This is Mike and we should trust him. The first half is typical Oldfield. The second is more in the realm of rock music. Which is simply superb. The radio-loved track of Moonlight Shadow is the spotlight stealer.
Know it, love it. The other tracks are also of a high caliber with the instrumental Taurus 3 also grabbing the listener with its flamenco guitar!
No kidding, this is good stuff
I have to say I was well impressed with the second disc The crises 1983 tour that is worth the price by it’s self ,as always live tours put a twist on the music and what a twist it was.
I was curious how the live ending of side one of crises would end and it was brilliant if the drumming was just magnificent .If you haven’t got this get it!!! You wont regret it. I only wish Id got it when it was first released
Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest in 80s style analogue synth or film music - Mike Oldfield is one of the masters of the genre.
A definite five star highly recommended purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For me, I think this is Mike Oldfields's best studio album- even better than tubular bells! The deluxe edition is really rather good with plenty of extra material and worth the... Read morePublished 3 months ago by marie shutt