on 13 December 2017
Fantastic just what I was looking for
on 2 September 2017
Excellent book
on 24 July 2013
Having completed a career in policing and now turned student with the intention of being the oldest trainee lawyer in the business this book is perfect. It develops the knowledge I already have as a practitioner and transposes it into what a succesful student needs to know. It is well written and easy to understand with a perfect blend of case law and comment. When I really need to understand a particular aspect of criminal law this is the book I turn to. I am so impressed I am now purchasing Herring's book on Family Law which just happens to be my next OU module. I hope he writes one on contract law next!
on 1 October 2013
this book is very good it helps me greatly with my coursework and understanding of what is required to pursue this career.
on 20 February 2016
Really helpful by showing how the law works in actual cases and how actual definitions of legal context is defined by judges, law lords etc. I bought this book as a companion to Criminal Law by the same author (which describes the procedural elements) and I'm glad I did as it helps to put the multitude of legal definitions in context.
on 18 September 2015
quick delivery, brilliant price for such a content filled book! Love it. Absolutely brilliant. Not a sign of wear :) basically brand new!
on 15 May 2008
It got me a first from Oxford.

buy it

on 19 July 2014
The book is in very good condition, and knowledgeable for self-study
on 16 September 2014
not enough cases, based more on criminal concepts
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2014
The book was good with very creative writing.