Crime Spells Mass Market Paperback – 3 Feb 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
In 1995 Martin H. Greenberg was honored by the Mystery Writers of America with the Ellery Queen Award for lifetime achievement in mystery editing. He is also the recipient of two Anthony awards. Mystery Scene magazine called him "the best mystery anthologist since Ellery Queen." He has compiled more than 1,000 anthologies and is the president of TEKNO books. He lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Top Customer Reviews
"Crime Spells" is a clear example of this. You would think that mixing crime and fantasy would be a great idea and would lead to a fool proof anthology that would contain all sorts of gold, after all, the whole urban fantasy trend is crime and fantasy based. Never underestimate the resourcefulness of fools.
******Take the first story "Web Ginn House: A Zoë Martinique Investigation" by Phaedra M. Weldon. Clearly Weldon is having more fun writing this story than most will have reading it. It's like, f'r sure, told in a TOTALLY flippant, pseudo-chick lit style. The fact is, I've been interesting in reading Weldon's stories for some time now, but this story has put a dampener on that, as Martinique comes across as an airhead, and the investigation as a joke. While this story is about an investigation of a haunted house, we never really learn WHY gun-for-hire Martinique's client wanted her at the house in the first place. Two stars.
******The second story is "The Hex Is In" by Mike Resnick, and it shows why the novels and stories by Resnick that I've so far read have singularly underwhelmed me.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Anthologies
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Short Stories
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers
- Books > Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories