Creativity and the Schizophrenia Spectrum: A Special Issue of the "Creativity Research Journal" Paperback – 12 Feb 2001
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
young age and after a few years recently experiencing
a very good recovery I found this book to be
insightful and inspiring. The book has a series of
articles from prominent researchers on Schizophrenia
and creativity. Some interesting observations were
made such as James Ogilvie's comparison of the
Schizophrenic's experience to that of a philosopher
in that both are preoccupied with foundational questions
including creativity. I also found Louis Sass's
article and critique of Kay Redfield Jamison's book
"Touched with Fire" to be very interesting in pointing
out areas where she may have overlooked potential for
more schizophrenia spectrum styles of creativity.
Particularly he considers more modernist and
revolutionary styles of creativity that Schizophrenia
spectrum individuals might have stronger affinities
with as opposed to Bipolar spectrum individuals.
All in all a great book and it helped me understand my
experience of being a 'mad creator' better and gives hope
in efforts of recovery, especially since I am a very
young man and a music technology major. Highly reccomended for
Schizophrenia spectrum individuals, loved ones, and
just about anyone else who is interested in the
fascinating relation between creativity and madness.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > The Self, Ego & Personality
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z