Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.69

VINE VOICEon 21 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very detailed and easy to understand book on creative visualisation. I found it to be a very interesting and accessible offering alongside the many other books on the subject. I only gave it four stars becuase the author kept going on and on about 'science'. As if nothing has any validity if 'science' doesn't approve. I found it irritating. I don't actually care what 'science' thinks - if it works, it works. And it does. Definitely a valuable addition to anyone's collection on the subject.
on 20 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A thoroughly enjoyable Dummies guide to Creative Visualization. It refers to techniques used for personal development including meditation, NLP and others. Creative Visualization requires imagination, requiring you to visualizr yourself in particular situations. It covers the "how" and "how to" of positive thinking. The layout of the book is the same as other Dummies guides, but this is one of the more well written guides. It is well structured an easy to read. Major topics such as Being Happier and More Fulfilled, Overcoming Stress, FInding More Motivation and Energy, amongst lots more, are given their own chapters. As ever with Dummies Guides, the Part of Tens is particularly useful, and is in more depth than in other Dummies books I have used, and is used to good effect. I enjoyed reading this book - you can delve in where you need. It certainly got me thinking.
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a superb book. However, I am surprised it has come out of the 'Dummies' stable. My experience is that Dummies books are for people who are struggling with something. I freely admit, I wasn't struggling with Creative Visualization, but am new to it. That said, the book is written in five clear parts. It is concise and inspiring although perhaps a little patronizing at times.

We all have too much clutter in our lives. There is too much going on, we are stressed, tired and bombarded with information 24/7. Robin Nixon shows us how to step away from all that, take a deep breath and learn how to commune with the universe. Ultimately, the book helps restore inner peace and see things in a different way.
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Creative Visualisation works really well for Beginners - or even dummies. On my first try with Creative Visualisation 20 years ago within 6 weeks I'd managed to get a new job with a 50% pay rise, within 10 weeks I'd won a top of the range PC and in 3 months bought a new house. So I know it works.

The trick is beginners mind - and repetition.

Do the exercises and it will work for you to. Don't be a Dummy, do it now!
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you feel that you are stuck, try this book. It will show you how to create a vision of a better life AND how to make the changes that you need to move forward. Packed with detail, I never knew how much there was to know about visualisation even though I use the technique myself. The 'Dummies' style makes this an easy read. Well worth getting.
on 3 November 2013
If you ever thought that the secret to getting what you want in life is simply to imagine it then by the end of some 400 pages of instruction in this book your preconceptions will be well and truly dashed!

I have practised creative visualisation for a couple of decades and whilst it can bring tangible, long-term benefits and effects these are often difficult to predict. As the book shows, this is not an exact science but is one that is based upon one's own internal psychological profile - the primary one being your sub-conscious belief system and whether its orientation is in accordance with your aims. Very often they are not and so you need to get this sorted out in order for techniques such as visualisation and affirmations to work successfully.

I did not learn a great deal that was new to me from this book - which is not to say it is a poor book, its just that I have read a lot of other, related material.

Nevertheless, if you are new to the subject then 'Creative Visualisation for Dummies' offers a very expansive look at every facet of this fascinating subject. I would say though that newcomers to the subject should not expect fast, nor immediate, results after following the exercises contained within its pages. Like so many other spiritual disciplines it requires hard work and effort before the results start to come to you but there is probably no better book on the market today than this one to guide you through.

By the end of your probationary period you will find that by using the advice outlined in its pages you will find many areas of your life have notably improved - even though you may still be some way away from realising your initial visualisation goals.

It is still worth the time, money and effort to achieve this much though!
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a bit drawn on this one. I have a background in NLP, which I love; this book builds on the skills I know, and takes them a lot further in a more single minded pattern.

In short, this book encouragies clarity and optimism whilst visualisation. The principles of this book are great and well founded; on their own they will make a difference.

However, and why I am scoring it 3 stars, I would add a couple caveats.

Firstly, it goes into a lot of depth- perhaps too much. The general principles are gained in the first third of the book; the rest taking it into greater depth. I found this depth a bit self important, to be honest.

Secondly, I would also recomend using this book in conjunction with others- be it NLP, Anthony Robbins, Stephen Covey- just to give you a more rounded 'guidance' in your journey.

So, in short, yes buy this book- but use it as part of a picture, and not the full one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 May 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am familiar with the technique of visualisation, and have used it many times to deal with hurdles in my life. This book is very informative and packed with helpful information, there is no doubt of that, but I am struggling with the format of the book.

I am not convinced that a Dummies publication is totally suited to this type of self-help book. The first three chapters are confusing, particularly if just dipping in and out using the table of contents. If I choose a sub-heading in a chapter, for instance "Setting goals that you want to achieve" and go to that page, I find little more than a paragraph, and it doesn't really tell me anything. Same with "Developing greater energy" - I go to that page, hoping to learn how to achieve this, and again it is little more than a paragraph that doesn't really say very much.

It's not until chapter 7 that the book starts to make sense. A complete chapter is dedicated to one aim, and the sub-headings are meaningful and start to flow.

In short, good techniques are presented, and a LOT, if not too much information is provided. The first three chapters are frustrating, but it gets better as you progress through the book. It's meant for dipping in and out, but that can be confusing at times. It would have been much better as a typical self-help book instead of the Dummies style.
on 24 February 2013
I loved this book, especially the first three chapters which were full of optimism and inspiration. They've left me feeling that this is definitely an approach I would like to try and one that is worth working hard at. Many thanks.
VINE VOICEon 8 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Dummies books are misnamed, as they often go quite deeply into whatever their chosen subject is. This one is no exception- you get almost 400 pages of in-depth writing taking you from "what-is-it" through "how-to-do-it" to becoming better motivated and succesful, and more creative. I know people who have used similar techniques to become more focused and successful, and I have used similar techniques myself for several years to manage those problem areas of life that we all experience. You will find many helpful strategies outlined in this book ranging over public speaking, job search, passing exams, self and team motivation and many others. Its well written and I think most people will find it helpful. After a little practice with visualization, you learn to tweak them and make them more powerful for you. This is a great series of first steps. Recommended.