on 29 March 2017
Excellent piece of kit, which creatively blasts out your sound to a very high level. It beats up and jumps all over most sound cards inside the computer (unless you have a high-spec desktop model). You just plug it in, load the driver from the CD (or download it), and plug your earphones into the unit. When you switch on the computer it powers up automatically.

Recently I've taken this further and plugged a bluetooth transmitter into it (MPow aptx 3.5mm, £16), which beams my sound to a pair of bluetooth earphones (QY8 type with aptx, £12). The earphones, to be honest, are a bit rubbish so I am buying a bluetooth receiver to go in my shirt pocket (Trond aptx, £16), which I will connect to my earphones (Ericssohn Bass Reflex). Hopefully then I will be a walking hifi unit, fully disconnected with the modern world.
on 24 August 2015
I now have three of these soundcards. Easy to set up, sound superb and are totally reliable both on desktop PCs and my Laptops.

So useful to have headphone socket and mic in sockets.

Plenty of software to compliment the hardware but not needed if you aren't going to be using it.

I do buy extension cables to my USB sockets as some laptops don't give enough roon to plug in the card.

Highly recommended for simple and straight forward solutions.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 December 2014
I have tried several cheap devices which either didn't work or worked badly. Eventually I paid more for this and the difference is well worth it. My laptop did not recognise it as first and required manual enabling.
on 27 May 2017
Very Pleased with my item.
on 4 December 2014
Amazing product, crystal clear mic quality and excellent headphone and sound quality. The software sound effects are similar to what you find with most HD onboard audio cards nowadays and its useful if you want to add a little extra wow to your music. I got this for use with the turtle beach pc adaptor for my turtle beach px5 headset. This USB sound card works in the PS3 and PC.
on 12 February 2017
Amazing quality sound
on 21 March 2015
Excellent product and very good value
on 18 December 2014
I had to buy this external sound card because the front panel audio jacks on my computer stopped working. This caused an inconvenience as I had to change the audio cables from the back of my computer every time I wanted to switch between my gaming headset and my speakers. When I saw this sound card, I noticed that it had several good reviews and also looked at the price and thought to myself: "I might as well get one.". Now I shall go into the pros and cons of this device.

Pros:
Small in size.
Plug and play (Drivers automatically downloaded in minutes).
Improved sound fidelity (Especially when listening to music or watching movies).

Cons:
Green light is always on (even when my computer is turned off)
Housing makes device look and feel cheap
on 9 November 2013
I originally purchased this for use with a Raspberry Pi, but found it more useful as a companion for my Bose headphones with my laptop.

This tiny device offers a very balanced and clean sound, no hum, with a nice crisp sound for a variety of music.

SUPER easy to install in Windows 7, literally plug and play (hot pluggable as well, which is handy). Same with Linux boxes, but I found a restart was necessary in some cases.

Just the right form factor to go in the pouch in the carry case of my headphones, I take it with me wherever I go and use it instead of the (generally inferior) sound card in whichever PC I am listening through!

It's a great product at a great price - don't hesitate to grab yourself one!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 May 2014
I was fed up with the constant buzzing coming from my PC when wearing headphones. I decided on this branded USB card rather that the cheaper no brand options, mainly because I wanted it to work first time but also because I wanted to get it quickly. If you combine those 2 then this came top of the lost of options. Having bought and enjoyed lots of creative products in the past the decision was easy.

I'm happy to say the installation was painless, I'm running Windows 7 64Bit and it was instantly recognised and the drivers installed. Then it was set as the default audio device for playback and recording automatically, no user input required.

Sound Quality is very good, gone are the days of buzzing cans, no flashy surround modes, just something that works.

So why no 5 stars? Well one reason really, volume control, I know I'm being picky but I'd quite like to have hard buttons on the device to control volume. Most times the volume starts off too loud and I have to turn it down, that's it, I'm one happy user.