on 4 April 2017
Please if there is one review to focus on it is this. This headset has been the best out of many I have tried in the same price range. Sure thing you'd probably get a better one if you had more to spend but this without a shadow of doubt has been the best headset for PC I have used. It's soft to the ears and allows for you to play for hours on end. Friends have said the mic quality is very good. The reason I'm leaving this review is due to two things. I didn't keep the wire in a great state and would just like to grab a new pair of these. And secondly, because on the first page of reviews there's too many ones which just aren't correct. This is a 4-star headset at minimum. End of.

PS: From personal experience I found I could hear enemies in CSGO way better than almost any of my teammates.

- Harry, Avid Gamer, 19
Tested with: CSGO, H1Z1, GMod, Dota, HotS, Hearthstone, LoL, Runescape, Arma 3 (RP), Rocket League etc
on 25 May 2015
Son likes them a lot
on 10 March 2016
if your on a budget. dont look any where else. just purchase this headset and be done with it because for this price you wont find a better headset even if you add 20/30 onto the end price. this headset is extremely good for the price. I mean the microphone quality is absolutely outstanding. Ear cups could be bigger. But with that exception just be done with it :)
on 3 February 2016
I bought these for my son and had no complaints so far. The only problem I have now is getting him to hear me when I shout him! He has had them a few months and said they were really good and comfy, good mic quality and volume to block out outside noise when I am hoovering especially, I can recommend them looking for a comfy headset that works as it should.
on 31 August 2014
The sound quality is above average which is surprising considering the price. I'd even go as far as to say these sound better than the turtle beach PX22's or the PC Z series, which cost £80! However, sound quality is about the only thing this headset has going for it. You are probably thinking, come on bro, it's a headset and sound quality is all we need!

Wrong. The mic on this headset is awful, I lost count as to the amount of times people said I sounded muffled. Yet switching back to my PX22's or even my X12's showed a remarkable increase in voice clarity. The X12's and the PX22'S do not have the best sound quality, but then you have to realise they are gaming headsets and are not designed for music or movies. However, where it seems turtle beach found a good medium between sound quality and voice clarity (on a bigger budget as well) it seems Creative, on a much lower budget have had to make sacrifices somewhere and it really shows on the recording side of things.

if you are just looking for a good pair of budget headphones with fairly impressive sound quality and comfort, then by all means buy these. The bass on them is crisp and the treble is crystal clear. However, if you are buying these to use them in recording voice sessions or just to speak to your friends as you game, I'd advise you to not expect that much from them.

And if you have fairly big ears like me (hey don't make fun of me!) then they also take quite a bit of messing around to get them to sit comfortably on your head. Don't get me wrong though, when you do manage to fit them properly they sure as hell are more comfortable than most headsets I've tried.
on 29 August 2015
I travel a lot and I also have a number of conference calls over Skype, so this seemed like a good idea at the time. For headphones that pretty much cover your ears they are no good on flights,as the sound is so quiet you can hardly hear it. I think you need an external amp to get the sound to crank up further, but as a standard set of headphones, not great on sound. The quality of the sound was OK, not too much bass, not too much treble. The headset is not that comfortable either, I was wondering how much Fatal1ty was paid to put his name on these headphones, as for the prices I have found a number of better ones. My ears would also get very hot wearing them. Apologies, these just were not for me. Someone else however might like them....
on 28 September 2015
This piece of kit is absolutely brilliant. I've never had a particularly good record when it comes to headphones and headsets, as I find a lot of them break at the cable where it meets the headphone jack. However with this headset it still works as flawlessly as the day I bought it, which is probably coming up for 3 years now. I bought it off a recommendation of a friend, and it is honestly one of the best headsets you will ever find for the price it sells for.

The sound quality is fantastic and very crisp and detailed, which makes it perfect for games where sound is super-important, such as multiplayer FPS games where footsteps are the difference between life and death. I'll admit the bass isn't particularly strong, but I actually prefer this, but it's something to note.

As far as comfort goes I have never had a headset that is more comfortable. What makes it so good is the weight - it is super lightweight. Although this does bring some negatives, as it is not as sturdy as other designs, and could potentially snap under extreme stress, if you take reasonable care with it then like me, you will be just fine. The ear cups are very comfortable, and go for an 'on-ear' design instead of one that cups your entire ear which I greatly prefer, as it stops your ears and head getting overheated, so for longer gaming sessions that's a pretty big deal.

The Mic quality is surprisingly excellent for what you get, and is actually better than other £100 headsets I have tried, making it suited for simple Skype calls as well as Twitch/Youtube video making, which is brilliant. The ability to remove it is also pretty handy, as it stops it getting damaged during transport.

In-line volume and mic control is sooooo useful, love this feature. Works brilliantly, and is super easy to use. the back has a clip on it so you can clip it to your shirt for easy access, but since it is about 40cm from your head, I find it sits neatly in my lap and is still easy to reach, but the option is there depending on personal preference, which is always nice, and something you'd expect from higher-end headsets.

One thing worth mentioning in more detail is the build quality. Mine are absolutely fine and I have used them on both a Laptop and desktop PC for a while now. However, I don't think they would stand up to a huge amount of abuse, but as long as you don't throw them across your room too often they'll hold up just fine.

Can't recommend it enough, they're the most relaible and most comfortable headset I have ever owned, and the fact that they are also the cheapest really stands as a testament to how truly excellent they are. Highly recommended!
on 12 August 2014
I used a headphone before buying this headset and the horrible mic from my laptop forced me into buying this. I couldn't be happier with a headset for this price. It's a quite good deal.
The earpads sit comfortably in my ears, so I really can't complain about it. Plus, the sound quality is really good.
The best part about it is the detachable microphone, as I really only use it for gaming with friends. It saves me effort of switching the headset with my headphone all the time =)
on 31 May 2014
I understand we get what we pay for, but having read the other reviews I expected better.

The phones are far to quiet lacking any real volume. Their directional capability in games is very limited. The microphone didn't work, so I can't comment on that. They are not total uncomfortable, however, they feel very cheaply made and I would not expect them to last.

Overall, a huge disappointment and I understand I'll just have to pay more and get a product worth using.
on 19 December 2014
Easily the best headphones I've ever used in my life, especially for the money. I had some Sennheisers before this that were almost double the price and weren't as good. The detachable mic is extremely convenient and I have never had any problems with these headphones. If I could, I would buy hundreds and stockpile them so I could have a fresh new pair whenever I please. I've been using these headphones for over 3 years now. (Not the same pair, you understand...)