Creative WP-350 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Built-in Microphone
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wireless Bluetooth stereo headset with a concealed microphone
- Enhanced audio experience with apt-X technology
- Superior sonic performance with neodymium drivers
- Soft leatherette ear cushions fold flat for easy storage
- Compatible with mobile Bluetooth devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, or portable media players
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Whether it’s chatting on your mobile phone or tuning to music from your Bluetooth-enabled devices, the Creative WP-350 Bluetooth wireless headphones with “invisible mic” handles both with equal aplomb. It incorporates aptX technology that ensures audio content transmitted over Bluetooth is instant and crystal-clear.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, I shipped those back and literally stumbled upon the listing on Amazon for the Creative Labs WP-350. Generally, they had great reviews, so I thought I would give them a go, and they were around £10 cheaper than the Jabra equivalents!
What attracted me to these, was that these headphones support the apt-X audio codec, which my smartphone supports, which promises better quality sound reproduction over Bluetooth.
Well, after having these for 2 days, and have tried them with all three of my devices, I can say that I am very much surprised by these headphones. Firstly, they paired with all three devices, and so far, the connectivity has been much improved over the Jabra set. No drop out's from my smartphone or iPad, and only the occasional blip via the PC. The next thing that surprised me, was the sound quality. Wireless headphones have never been as good as their wired equivalents, due to the use of audio conversion for wireless, where wired does not require this, but I have found these headphones to be just slightly inferior in sound to my Sony NC-22's (wired).
That is an accolade indeed.
These do seem to push the bass forward a little too much for my tastes, but the mids are clear, and the treble is great. They are fairly well balanced, and once I have time to fiddle with the EQ on my music player, I expect to be able to get a great sound from these. I am quite amazed how good the sound is.
These are also comfortable to wear, and outside of the home, on a windy day like today, these do a fairly good job at isolating the outside noise, which I was surprised at too!
All in all, these seem to be an ideal purchase for listening to music, podcasts and skype calling etc. It is going to be interesting to see how these work out in the long run. I recommend these!
*** UPDATE APRIL 2014 ***
I have now been using these headphones for the past few months, and I can confirm that with time for a decent amount of burn in, they sound better than they did out of the box. I revise what I said above, I now prefer these headphones to my Sony NC-22's, which sound a little dull in comparison. There are a few things which I have noticed over the past few months, which I think are important to point out.
- Mic Audio Quality - With Lync 2010 or Skype the quality is OK - as you tend to use these when you are indoor. I have used these for Work, and they are OK. What I would say is that for outdoor use with your mobile phone, I have found consistently that the caller on the other end complains that they cannot hear me. More often than not, I have to switch back to the phone handset. This for me is not a problem, but for some it may be an issue.
- Comfort - I wear glasses, and I do have a fairly large head, and I have found that where my spectacle arms rest behind my ears, and these headphones have quite a tight fit, I do find that after an hour or two, I find I get some discomfort and have to move the arms of my spectacles from behind my ears. This is not an big issue, but you should be aware of it.
- Battery - I have found middling performance from the battery, where I have found that I have not got the claimed 6 hours of playback. The upside is that these are quick to charge, and with careful planning you will be able to avoid this, but I do sometimes find that I run out of juice. I do tend to travel on public transport which is noisy, and I do tend to have the volume quite loud!
- Interference - I have found at major rail stations, where there are a lot of people, presumably with bluetooth on, I do get drop outs. Move to a less crowded area, and the interference goes away. If you happen to work in a very busy and congested area, you might want to re-consider these headphones. I transit through these spaces, so only get this issue for a few minutes, but it is annoying!!!
Apart from these point, I am and continue to be happy with my purchase and recommend these.
Aesthetics : Very nice looking headset
Ease of use : Button locations are good, forward and backward buttons as well as volume buttons are recessed so you will easily know which button you are pressing while wearing them. Headset feels nice to the touch, and very light and comfy to wear, but they are loose so they always fall off my head. I wish they made ones with the support that goes all the way back to the back of the neck like the 7dayshop R7 Sport units.
Sound quality : warning: I'm not an audiophile. Crisp sound, good bass, but lacks deep bass.
If this unit was designed like 7dayshop R7 sport (http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B002Q4TBJ4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359020971&sr=8-2) I will be very happy to keep it, but it keeps falling of my head so it is going back to amazon.
-1 for design
-1 for lack of deep bass
As others have stated they are on the ear so they will press your ears to your head. I can see these getting uncomfortable if wearing for a long time but they are absolutely perfect for my commute of about an hour.
The microphone for picking up phone calls is pretty rubbish to be fair unless you're in a quiet room. I think the microphone is just too far from your head and any time I do pick up a call I'm told that it is very difficult to hear me due to wind noise.
If you're not using it for speaking on the phone, I can heartily recommend these compact headphones.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews