on 9 April 2017
Well written and easy to follow - great first introduction to the subject
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 April 2015
Very enlightening. But I need to get my head around the clutter clearing first.
on 30 November 2000
This is about space clearing and feng shui, which Karen Kingston developed for the West based on Balinese customs. It is an introduction to a harmonious and peaceful way of life with advice and guidance as to how we in the west can try to emulate it. It is excellent on all aspects of feng shui and is a stimulating and inspiring read.
Bali was not a place I ever thought about before but after reading the book I was inspired to go there. It also made me start to work on the energies of my home.
on 24 July 2017
I had a copy of this book a few years back and having lost it I thought I would buy it again. I am sending it back because I was sent a SECOND HARD COPY with a written dedication to someone on the inside cover.
on 5 December 2001
I found the book easy to read and extremely inspiring. I started reading it on the train and was 3/4 of the way through it before I knew it!
I have followed Karen Kingston's space clearing instructions several times. Each time I have found that my house is much lighter and clearer somehow! It's very hard to explain, but it does seem to work, even though I don't have more than one bell and am not very confident about my clapping techniques!
Karen has a website, which has loads of letters from people who have read her book and been motivated to get rid of junk. Some of them report miraculous transformations in their lives afterwards.
I highly recommend the book and throwing out junk!
It's a book I keep going back to.
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 June 2006
I bought this book after reading 'Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui' by the same author. Clear Your Clutter was a fantastic book, which I rated five stars. I rated it so highly because you do not have to be into Feng Shui at all to benefit hugely from all the wisdom in the book. It is as practical as it is psychological or spiritual, which is why it's so effective.

This book however, was less useful to me. The same pages on clearing clutter are reproduced in her second book, so there was nothing new on that topic here. I don't believe that there are energies floating around in the corners of my room or anything of the sort, so in the end I took much of what is in this book with a huge pinch of salt.

Ultimately, I have to believe that something is there in the first place for me to clear it. Unlike Karen, I don't even have an ability to sense those energies in the first place.

I'd recommend her other book much more highly, especially if you don't have a deep belief in the mysticism behind Feng Shui.
on 25 May 2003
I have been studying and using Feung Shui for over 8 years and have found this book excellent.
The book uses the balinese style of Feung Shui which does not use compases. (not at this level anyway?)
The book is simple and practical in it's approach an excellent buy.
Feung Shui has been around over 2000 years, it's real, strange, fascinating and it works!
on 14 December 2007
For me this book filled in many gaps in my knowledge of how best to make Feng Shui work. Karen's method of explanation and her anecdotes are brilliant. They are clear, understandable and you can relate to them. The art of placement can be utterly overwhelming but with the dimension of Space Clearing things become, well, clearer! There is a vision in this book that many people can benefit from. It's not just about how it affects the aesthetics of your home but how it makes you feel about your life on a daily basis. She has skill in relating the practical to the emotional. In such a hair-raising outdoor world, I want to make my home an oasis of calm and peace. Reading this book was the first step in my journey to make this happen.
on 9 February 2009
This is one of my all time favourite books, that I keep coming back to time and time again. If you enjoy working with your environment and making your home a wonderful place to be, buy this book!
on 15 August 2014
What an amazing book. Kingston not only opens up for the cleaning of your living space but also how this essentially cleans your mind. Leaving you with new insight to your owm inner peace and harmony. She works in both worlds by addressing the physical and through that gives you your life back. The book has a detailed description of how the different parts of your house or flat are related to your different economic and social conditions and emotions in day to day life.

Read it, use it and see how a beautiful new wave of inner being unfolds within you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse