Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2009
Was it worth the price? Yes. At 930 pages long it does take some time to read. It was very easy going in places, very enjoyable. However, I do feel that the book would have been better not as it was published, but split into three separate books in there own right:- Description, code and reference.

For those people, like me, who are at the border edge of setting up websites ie using templates, and knowing very little about code, it gave very good tips and advice on the way forward to making a better website without the pitfalls. It did give an insight into coding, which was ok, but it started to get too deep for what I wanted to know.

If I had the time to spend on learning and experimenting with code, I would recommend the Authors, they certainly know there stuff, but to include it not in here, but in a seperate book entirely. The last point to make, there were pages, pages and more pages of specifications. Very boring to me. I didn't bother reading them.

My summary would be, If you want an insight into web design and code, fine, good starter book, very enjoyable, buy it. If you know about code, then good reference book, buy it. If you just want website ideas, I would think very carefully before spending your money.