on 21 May 2009
I needed a glossy photo business card to print at home. I would normally use something like Publisher to do the design but it wasn't available at the time. I therefore tried "Create your own Business Cards".

It took me about 45 minutes to install and learn how to use it and about 30 minutes to produce my design. The software works with a wizard and asks you to fill in your name,address,telephone number etc which is then added to the database. When you create your first design you choose a template, of which there are many related to different business types.

The wizard then adds the details that are in your database record and adds them to the design. The final layout contains all the details entered on different lines. It is basically a draft layout which can easily be edited and the text moved about into precise positions.
You can choose not to use the text from the database if you prefer.
You can use the graphics supplied with the template or use your own.

Once you've done your design you can save it as a template and change it if required in the future. You then copy the design in the Print Preview to give multiple copies. In my case it gave 10 business cards on a sheet of A4 paper.

You can set the layout precisely, to 0.1 mm , with margins and line spacing to match the micro perforated paper such as the Avery layouts, which are available from the office supply chains.

In my case I printed straight onto glossy photo quality inkjet paper ( 270 g/m2 ).I then cut up the sheet with scissors.

You can also export your design as a photo image such as JPEG. This can then be uploaded to one of the online business card printers if you wanted to print onto heavier matte card.

The only bug I found was that the top left image on the sheet could sometimes print from my computer to my Epson inkjet with a text line that had moved out of place. This may just be a quirk with my setup.

The quality of my photo business cards was very good considering the software costs less than a tenner
on 15 February 2008
Rubbish. Clumsy and awkward to handle from the outset, very poor management of database and associated fields and sent my printer into a tailspin. Do not buy this item.
on 13 February 2014
This is made by the same publishers as Create your own Stationery, which arrived first. However I have created a business card for a friend on this, who is very pleased with the results. I do feel however that it was slightly unnecessary to buy both.
on 16 July 2012
I am not very impressed with this at all. It's OK if your requirements fit into one of the categories of the ready made cards, but if the image or script is to be altered in any way it is extremely fiddly and time consuming, and in the end not very satisfactory. I am not bothering to return it, but have ordered Printshop Essentials, an older version of which I have been using for some time and found to be infinitely more versatile.
on 5 January 2012
I found this the ideal tool for making business cards, if this is what you need to do this is the software to purchase
on 20 June 2010
I have received nothing from these people, I have sent three emails and had no reply, I have asked for a refund and have had nothing back, I have conplained to amazon and they said in so many words''so what'', do not buy anything from Chrushdrive.
on 18 August 2015
Yet again something that doesnt wish to work windows 7
on 4 February 2016
Never used but who I gave it to found it very useful.
on 19 August 2014
great job, i have cards for next to nothing.
on 26 November 2014
was good but it don't go on the new pc