- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Craig's Soil Mechanics, Eighth Edition Paperback – 2 Feb 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The reviewer considers that Dr Knappett, in revising this classic textbook, has made a substantial additional contribution to the years of service given by Dr Craig to the civil engineering profession, in general, and the geotechnical community in particular."
―Catherine O’Sullivan, Imperial College, London, UK
"Jonathan Knappett is breathing a fresh lease of life into this old favourite with several new slants, including for the first time the design philosophy of Eurocode 7 and much new material...I propose to keep it on our list of ‘must consult’ textbooks."
―Edward Bromhead, Kingston University, UK
"Buying a copy of Craig as an undergraduate is a lifetime career investment."
―Geoffrey Blight, Witwatersrand University, South Africa
"All the background needed for those engaged in geotechnical engineering practice, foundation engineering and construction can be found in this book."
―Fred Boadu, Duke University, USA
"As a professor and civil engineering professional, I found this 8th edition of Craig’s Soil Mechanics to be everything a beginning engineering student is looking for in an introductory textbook on soil mechanics… I would highly recommend this as one of the finest textbooks on the topic of soil mechanics."
―Gregory Ohrn, Northern Arizona University, USA
"This valuable textbook is highly recommended to students, engineers, and educators in the field of geotechnical engineering."
―Mehrdad Razavi, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, USA
About the Author
J. A. Knappett is a lecturer in Civil Engineering at the University of Dundee, UK.
R. F. Craig is a former lecturer in Civil Engineering at the University of Dundee, UK.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Professional Horticulture > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Foundations & Soil Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Rocks, Minerals & Fossils
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering