- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Crafting a Successful Small Business: Making, marketing and merchandising Paperback – 30 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Joanne Dewberry started her first business Charlie Moo's just before the birth of her second child Megan in 2008. Disheartened by the party bags that Charlie had received at parties she decided she could do better and so Charlie Moo's was born. Not a natural crafter nor had she sewn before, Joanne soon discovered how therapeutic sewing could be. Along the way she has learnt many new business skills which she is passionate about sharing with small business owners and in particular mums. With 3 children under 5 years herself Joanne understands the constraints on mums in business. Her passion and dedication earned her the title of Dorset Business Mum of the Year 2010 along with numerous other business accolades in the past 3 years. Joanne is passionate about small business and writes a blog www.joannedewberry.co.uk providing small businesses training, advice & networking in areas of social media, marketing and juggling children and a business.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Lots of useful informative advice, on branding using social media to help sell your products and especially the pricing chapter, yes maybe the minimum wage isn't a good example but it's better than paying yourself nothing and just covering the cost of fabrics.
A bit disappointed with some advice from someone selling at crafts fairs, "At craft fairs I tend to sell samples, seconds and end of line products"
Having done my first craft fair recently, maybe that explains why I hardly sold anything if people are expecting car boot prices for one of a kind handmade items!
Lots of snippets of advice from others as well and the book is not too expensive either, well worth the money.
Would I recommend that people buy this book, yes I would!
Don't buy if you need some real help, this information is wildly available on the web.
Well done Joanne.
Joanne does encourage craft business owners to charge what their products are worth which is great, but personally I wouldn't use the minimum wage as the figure for how much to pay yourself - that wouldn't feed a cat!
That's the only reason for 4 stars not 5 for this book, which was a great read and absorbed my attention even on a boiling hot, packed-to-the-rafters train. Thank you Joanne!
Joanne Dewberry's method of writing is both supportive and informative without the patronising dribble some writers use. I read the book cover to cover in two days (which is somewhat quicker than I read a recent book....)
From Insurance to Website building, Social Media to Homemade Marmalade. I refer to it as my 'Mrs Beeton' of the business world and refer back to it often.
Thank you Joanne, now crack on with book No.2 and get my business to Global Status.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Financial Reporting & Statements
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Call Centre Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Advertising
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Sales Techniques
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Law for Small Businesses
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Sales & Marketing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication