on 17 October 2010
I wish it was stated in the book that you do need some experience to make the items in the book, but it doesn't. I do love this book, everything is so lovely. The problem is I am a complete beginner in sewing. I have found I get stuck with the instruction half way through. You do need some experience in sewing to be able to make the items in this book. The instructions was not made simple to understand & I was told by a couple of people who also bought this & the other books the same.

It is a great book to own if you want to go ahead & learn though (with help). The items are so beautiful & I have made one of the items already & very pleased with it. (I did get help)
The reason I marked it 3 stars, is because the instructions are hard for a beginner & that is not made clear in the book.
on 28 February 2010
One of the best books I have ever bought, it really is to Tildas usual high standard. I have probably made 80% of the projects and each one I have been delighted with. Great instructions with good photography. Some really cute things to make. A must for anyone who likes to make soft toys as it includes patterns for sheep, chickens, rabbits etc. A great easter make book!!!
review image
on 6 March 2010
This is the most adorable book I have ever seen! Not sure how many of the projects I will get around to making, but it is a pleasure to look through. Some lovely inspiring ideas and beautiful photography.
on 14 February 2016
I love this book and it is a wonderful addition to my Sew Pretty Homestyle book,144 pages and slightly more expensive, also a Tilda book by D&C, from Amazon. Inspiring projects and the templates at the back are perfect for me. This book has 80 pages in total. First published in 2006, my edition is a 2010 print. I would say I am an advanced sewist but there are projects in this book for beginners, whether you follow the instructions to the word or use the book for inspiration. I would suggest that straight machine stitch 2 1/2 used, rather than 3, especially for the smaller projects. A smaller stitch makes gives a smoother curve result too, but good idea to do a few practice seams, to see what your machine's results are. The preface is of this book is charming, giving details about Easter and Springtime and Tone Finnanger, the author, writes about Easter in her homeland, Scandinavia. A book to cherish, if I had to choose between an Easter Egg and a cuppa or this book and a cuppa, it would definately be this book...I am sure I could always get a bit of choc from family's eggs! I used buttons from The Bead and Button Box, from Amazon, for the pic of the goose.
review image
on 16 October 2008
Go for this if you enjoy sewing it is a gem and you will not be disappointed if you like basic easy makes and sewing. If you are however a dressmaker or seamstress you may dislike some of the instructions, but do not let this cloud your choice as i said a gem for a craft library
on 28 February 2008
This book is truly fabulous with some wonderful projects that will delight any home. A must buy ..........
on 12 October 2015
i like her books, i suppose i look at them more then do the ideas but then i have been short of time for 5 years with family issues. Once I have my self unpacked and can find all my craft bits i would like to make something from the book
on 4 July 2015
For anyone who likes crafting - this book is fantastic. In particular I like the different types of projects - they require different levels of skill as well as different amounts of time - so far have tried one project with my daughter and one on my own - both turned out fantastically!
on 19 November 2012
I have quite a lot of Tone's books, and this is, to my mind, one of the best (my second favourite is Sew Pretty Homestyle). Almost all the projects are really nice and inspiring. And like with all Tone's books the instructions are clear simple and even a person with no sewing skills can make them (like me :)).
review image review image review image
on 16 March 2014
I wanted this book for the rabbit pattern. There are many things to make in the book, so I am rather spoiled for choice. What I like about Tildas books is that the patterns can be traced into a bit of greaseproof paper (hence the book isn't spoiled) and the instructions are easy to follow.