- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The debut feature of Jordan Scott, daughter of Ridley Scott, is a period drama set in an English boarding school for girls in the 1930s. Many of the girls at the school have a crush on their beautiful young swimming instructor, the enigmatic Miss G (Eva Green). Hitherto Miss G has done little to discourage their idolatry, but when exotic Spanish pupil Fiamma (Maria Valverde) starts at the school, Miss G's attention is diverted as she becomes increasingly fascinated by the new arrival - much to the chagrin of her doting devotees.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
I personally find Eva Green very enthralling and enigmatic, which has very likely indeed increased my star rating of this film (i.e. in contrast to if another actress that I might personally tend to find less so did it). So, if your reception towards Eva Green tends to be different....
The `sad ending' (or nearly ending) that has been mentioned in other reviews I guess is one that had to be quite so much so given it's description of `drama' and `thriller'. Though, in itself not (for me personally) `enjoyable'. And probably needed to make a credible change between what was in the beginning and what was in the end, given the time and the power the main character seemed to have (whether this is at all likely or accurate representation for the time I don't know) over this group of children. Though, the fact that other teachers tended to said group of children at different points would perhaps seem to contradict that desired affect slightly, and taint it a little with confusion. But I assume that is from teachers having different night watches or something. But, that is rather digressing...
I bought the movie soundtrack first as it is beautiful, Javier Navarrete is a wonderful composer. (he also did PAN'S LABYRINTH music) so couldnt wait to get hold of the DVD after the soundtrack.
Di (Juno Temple) played a great part in the film as the main character and gang leader of the girls.
Put the kettle on, get in your cosy chair and enjoy this girly film
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category