on 31 January 2016
Fantastic read of a honest personal insight into mental health problems, such an enlightening read.
I loved the way the book was written the honesty and openness was so heart rendering it really made me connect with the writer.
Many a book has been written about people who are enduring physical illness, this is so refreshing reading to experience the true devastating reality of schizophrenia.
This truthful account gave me insight into this very special ladies own life which is so generous and humbling.
My son has this illness but his account is not so clear because he is in alot of denial so this has shown me the experience from the person experiencing the illness although I appreciate everyone's experience will be different.
This book is a god send to anyone who wants to know more about schizophrenia, any relative, carer, nurse, support worker or care giver.
I thank the writer very much for sharing and wish her well in her future, also will look to the future and look for any further books.
on 30 October 2011
The subject of mental illness is a very sensitive one, and this author approaches it with dignity and courage. I wish her all the best, and hope she takes pride in the fact that she has done a great service in opening up this subject to others. Her honesty about her own experiences is refreshing, and I feel that students of psychiatry should read this in order to learn how schizophrenia feels, not just what it looks like.
on 26 January 2013
A moving short tale of one woman's battle against schizophrenia. It tells her story of what her thought pattern was, and what happened to her. The book took me about half an hour to read, and it made me feel quite ad for her. The book could of been far longer and more in depth, giving a greater feel of this disease, but at least it gives you some insight. I only hope that she is now happy in her life.
on 6 February 2014
This was an interesting book and my best goes out to the author. However it would have been nice to have gone a bit deeper into it, I felt it was a very basic account of what was going on, but still worth reading.
on 21 August 2012
Thank you Deirdre for putting your experience of Schizophrenia down on paper for others to read. It goes a long way to helping me understand my daughter, who also has Schizophrenia. Your a very courageous lady! God Bless
on 25 March 2013
This book has now been read by myself and my teenage daughter and I will be recommending it to all my friends. My older brother has Schizophrenia and I have written a paper on the subject whilst at Uni. Such a misunderstood illness. Thank you Deirdre, I wish you good health and be proud of your book which must have been painful to write.
on 11 January 2011
The author has clearly gone to great lengths in writing this book.
What follows is a gracefully articulated account of a single mother's journry into insanity. This is a fascinating read and an absolute must-have for anyone caring for a friend or relative with mental health issues.
on 3 February 2014
I appreciate the candid insight given about the condition which allows me to emphathise with people suffering through this agonising illness. I hope the author manges to achieve a quality of life that brings her some happiness.
on 17 July 2014
I myself was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 1980 and this is a brilliantly honest book which should be read by everyone interested in the human mind. Best wishes from Jim Wilson (Jimmy Couplet).
on 5 March 2015
i admire anybody that has been through these kind of experiences, but this was just like a pamplet and needed to be longer really sorry dee ;-)