- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Cracking Codes and Cryptograms For Dummies Paperback – 27 Oct 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Solve compelling and challengingpuzzles to uncover secrets andconspiracy plots
Fascinated with the culture of conspiracy? Uncover the mysteries and test your knowledge of secret societies by solving cryptograms and deciphering codes that not only unveil historical fact and fiction but entertain you as well. Walk in the footsteps of a symbologist by solving everything from the simplest puzzles to fiendishly difficult ciphers, using secret codes and lost symbols.
- Think like a symbologist discover a variety of codes and wordplay and the strategies for solving each one
- Build your code–cracking skills work your way from solving simple cryptograms to difficult Masonic and double level ciphers
- Uncover a bigger mystery use the answers you discover to solve three conspiracy stories contained in the book
- Appreciate the history of code and encryption reveal the secret world of Freemasonry, the Illuminati, and the Knights Templar
- Check your work find hints and answers for all the book′s puzzles
Open the book and find:
- Over 350 handcrafted cryptograms and ciphers of varying types
- Tips and tricks for cracking even the toughest code
- An introduction to the history and relevance of using code
- Puzzle strategies and hints to help nudge you in the right direction
- Fun and intriguing anagrams and story wordplay puzzles
- Fascinating number ciphers that reference the keypad letters on your cellphone
- Puzzles of all levels: Easy, Tricky, and Treacherous
- Expose conspiracies like the characters do in Dan Brown′s The Lost Symbol
- Decipher cryptic puzzles
- Understand the role coded messages play in secret societies
- Use encrypted alphabets to unveil secrets of the past
About the Author
Denise Sutherland is a syndicated puzzle author. Her puzzles appear in a range of publications, including the Reader′s Digest Mind Stretchers series, and she is the author of Word Searches For Dummies.
Mark E. Koltko–Rivera, PhD, is a 32degree Freemason and expert on the major symbols and ceremonies of Freemasonry. Using this expertise, he analyzed prepublication clues to uncover and blog about key elements of The Lost Symbol. He co–hosts the weekly podcast Masonic Central.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 11 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?