The Cowboy and the Dandy: Crossing Over from Romanticism to Rock and Roll: Crossing Over in Romanticism and Rock and Roll Hardcover – 1 Nov 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
...Perry Meisel's ambitious and yet playful new book...treats literary Romanticism from Shelley to Willa Cather, and Romantic rock and roll from King Curtis to the Ramones....much of this book may be 'outrageous? (but rock and roll seeks no higher praise.)
About the Author
Perry Meisel is Professor of English at New York University. Over the past 25 years he has written about both Romantic literature and rock and roll music, the first as the author of The Myth of the Modern, The Absent Father: Virginia Woolf and Walter Pater, and Thomas Hardy: The Return of the Repressed; the second as critic and reviewer for The Village Voice, Crawdaddy, and The Boston Phoenix. He is also editor of Freud: A Collection of Critical Essays, and coeditor of Bloomsbury/Freud: The Letters of James and Alix Strachey, 1924- 25.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Musical Theory & Composition > Musical Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Scores, Songbooks & Lyrics > Rock & Pop
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies