Customer reviews

Format: UMD Mini for PSP|Change
Price:£149.99+ £1.26 shipping

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 May 2012
I can't understand why people complain about the "depth" of the story when this film was obviously designed to be a bit of fun. I would suggest they try Shakespeare - but they'd probably pick fault with the plot holes in Macbeth, Henry V, etc.

It makes a nice change for us females to have a fluffy action film with five attractive male leads to drool over, rather then the usual nubile young females struting around in their bra and panties or flashing the flesh for no apparent reason.

Yes, the script is a little on the lightweight side but so are the Hammer Horror Dracula, Frankenstein and Mummy scripts. As for any plot holes, due to theatrical time constraints there are bound to be bits that have been left on the cutting room floor. I, personally, would like to have seen a full edition of this film with the extra footage included on the dvd release.

The extras are poor but they are the same as the American version so I can't really complain (what am I saying of course I can complain - were are the outtakes, the cast commentaries, and the other items which usually come as standard?)

I'll be honest with you - I like this film, I like it a lot, and I'm not going to apologise for that. It is one of the few films that I can put on my computer and watch while I do my work, or put in the dvd player and watch with family, including my mother. It's nice to have a film that isn't dependent on foul language and nudity to try and keep your attention because it has little or no story.

I read the reviews of this film and though I'd make up my own mind - I would suggest that you do the same.

Possible spoilers be here - The Coventant involves our five handsome leads, and a couple of nubile girlfriends thrown in for the male viewers. Four of these boys have been raised together "like brothers", the other should have been part of the group but it was believed that his bloodline had died out during the Salem Witch hunts. When the boys turned 13 the received limited "witchcraft" abilities and the knowledge that using these abilities are addictive and each use will shorten their lives - something which no-one explained to the fifth boy until it was too late and he was an addict. At the age of 18 they will gain their full powers, Caleb is due to assend to his full power when the film starts and what follows are the discovery of Chase's true identity, the reasons for the fifth boys appearance at the private school and the build up to the final battle.

I don't go for "chick flicks" all that romance, I much prefer action - like I said - this is my kind of chick flick. Some good looking male totty with added action, and limited slushy bits. Nice :)
on 22 March 2017
A great movie about two warlocks having a faceoff with their brother.
on 5 June 2014
four friends later joined by afifth and two girls in dorms and flash cars.the boys are witches and one sets his sights on kabel for revenge,ok for kids and teenagers ,people my age once you have been overloaded on tv by vampires,werewolves and witches it gets boring
on 25 August 2013
A teen film with some very good special effects, especially if you are not fond of spiders!!!
A good tale and finishes as if ready for a sequel??
on 4 March 2015
Bought this as a birthday present for my sister as she has been looking around the shops for it for along time, one of et favourite films.
on 27 April 2012
The covenant is a great movie. It is great to see this kind of movie ruled by young professional actors.
After watching the movie you would like to continue watching it, and hoping a second part comes out soon.
Purchassing this movie from amazon UK was a good experience and a great deal.
on 29 August 2016
Entertaining movie. For everyone who likes magic
on 1 May 2015
This is more like 8 out 10 rather than 4 out of 5. I enjoyed the film a lot. I hadn't seen it before but I liked the story and the way it was played out. Typical teen horror/thriller but non the less a great film.

For an early BD release (no DTS HD Mater or Dolby True HD the picture is brilliant. Nice detail and I like the colour pallet. Some times the visual FX show up a bit but not horribly.

What impressed me the most was the PCM uncompressed audio. The 3 dimentionality of it was quite inmpressive. Nothing to do with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X I just have a 7.1 set up but the 5.1 PCM really showed my system off. It will either show how good your surround sound set up is, Show how bad it is or show that it's not set up right.

For any AV enthusiasts out there who like a good reference movie and haven't seen Covenant before I would definitely check it out.
Some key moments for sound are when the Bell is tolling high up in the tower it really sounds like it's above you. Going from in an out of the rain from being totally surrounded buy it to it being placed well when the shot is inside. and for me the best bit is when the bad guy causes the other guy to crash his motor bike. The bike skids right through you and on behind you.

Over all I'm impressed. Its a great Bluray. Only not 5/5 as I'm not a teen any more and haven't been for over 20 years but I do like my films and grade them to my tastes.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 August 2008

55 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2015
This movie is more for fans of this genre, full of fantasy.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse