Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 7 September 2009
This Man OSHO is seriously good! I have loved this book and wish the whole world would read it so we could all live in such wisdom.
It gave me incredible strength when I most needed it. Read it! This is far more than Self Help.
The title is potentially provocative but what is in it is far more powerful than controvertial. It will help you be more assertive a better communicator and open up your mind.
I had bought this years before I read it properly, I never realised what was awaiting me in my bookcase! I think this man is a HERO.
on 19 September 2003
When I first started reading this book , I absolutely didn't like it. and put it away, until one day I was attracted to it and absorbed every word. It must have been the right moment for me to finally have the courage to change.
Osho is able to explain so easily and makes you see how it is so easy to change if you let go of the fear and invite the new.
I recommend it everyone. I still use it, when there are moments in my life that i feel alone.
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2014
I was introduced to the works of Osho by a YouTube Subscriber called Elliott Hulse. I glad I was because this book is as insightful as ever. Some of the theories explained in this book are incredibly thought provoking and give you a whole new outlook on life. More importantly this helped me to understand how important it is to actively put myself into a meditative state, see things for what they really are, and just escape "reality" from time to time. This book helps you to be courageous by simply showing how small our problems really are. We have instinctive fears that keep us alive, but these are only 10% of these fears. Our other fears are completely man-made and exist only in our own heads. Once I was reminded this I just threw myself into life. I've progressed so far in life from reading this. I strongly recommend you give it a read.
on 10 August 2015
The principles outlined in this book have helped me through a stressful patch in life - one that needed a bit of courage in order to move forward from a stuck situation. The writing style is a bit esoteric at times but it's worth the effort. Basically, the book encourages the reader to embrace the spontaneous unfolding of life, and to recognise that this happens anyway regardless of how safe one tries to play it. Osho argues that the chance of something unusual and refreshing happening is raised if you are brave enough to break out of your comfort zone and shake things up a bit. And we all need to break out of our comfort zones sometimes.
on 11 June 2009
I have read hundreds of books but few have changed the way I think like this book has. Since reading "Courage" I have gone on to read many other books by Osho. His insight is deep and so obvious its a wonder we don't see it. I can only suppose that modern society has created a haze or we have become so hypnotised we are blind to it.

Osho is a legend without any doubt. If your want to be be enlightened without being dictated to then this is the book for you.
on 19 December 2010
"Courage" is a difficult book to pin down. The subtitles sound like those of self-help books. Strictly speaking, however, "Courage" is not a self-help book. The courage Osho talks about is spiritual. This is not a book for athletes, explorers or business executives. Rather, it's a book for seekers.

Osho's main message is: Break out of the crowd! Forget about religious dogmas! Life is a mystery, start living it! The book sounds very "hippie". It contains constant attacks on the hypocrisy of established religions, the utter boredom of science, and the lack of love and joy in the world. Osho calls on the reader to sing, dance and live spontaneously by letting go of the self. Every human should become a "Zorba the Buddha". Indeed, his message is a kind of hedonistic, individualist form of Buddhism. He even talks about the need for sexual pleasure!

This is about as far as you can get from "The Secret" and other such books. Osho (who died in 1990) wasn't against money or possessions. Indeed, on several Youtube clips he spouts very expensive wrist watches. However, "Courage" doesn't contain any particular insights on how to get rich. Rather, it's a book about breaking free. I don't think Osho and Rhonda Byrne could have been featured on the same TV show...

My main problem with Osho, apart from his message sounding a bit utopian, is that he didn't always live as he learned. Under the name Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, Osho founded a religious commune in Oregon, which quickly developed into a cult. When his secretary Sheela absconded with the money, Osho turned her in to the authorities, revealing other compromising things as well. He then blamed Sheela for creating the cult, and returned home to India. I'm not entirely sure if I buy that explanation...

Still, if you are interested in New Religious Movements, it's difficult to pass by Osho. To many people, Osho is still "the man".
on 3 January 2001
If you have an incling that there may be more to life and that there is something inside you which shows potential, then Osho is the man to help you find it.
The book is easy to read, headlines it's own highlights for quick reviews later and opens your mind to so many possibiliites.
If it touches you, then it will change you. You just have to trust yourself and face the plethora of possibilities.
on 8 May 2010
This is a very useful part in the collection of Osho's Lifestyle guides. If you want to step outside the boundaries of a comfortable, safe and boring existence and feel alive again, this guide should help you. It will give you the confidence to wander out of the "plastic garden" and into the wonderful wilderness of real life.
on 17 April 2014
I have only had this book for a few weeks but already I feel it has changed me. I have always been looking to deal with and overcome fears in my life and this book has provided me with all the answers that I was looking for. I recommend this book to anyone who wants more out of their life. If people can follow the basic principles of the book then I believe they will live a fulfilled life. I have just about finished reading it once. I plan on re-reading it again and again :)
on 14 December 2010
Osho ia a man of courage, who knows no fear! Great book, as soon I start reading it, all my fears go away and I feel at peace. To me this book has been totally liberating, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to overcome his/her fears!