- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Courage to Change - Large Print Edition Hardcover – Large Print, 1 Jul 1992
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This book can be helpful to anyone who was or is affected by someone else's drinking on its own, although I would personally recommend using it in conjunction with another Al-Anon book "One day at Time in Al-Anon" as well as attending meetings which offer hope and comfort by sharing of experiences in total confidence. Another helpful Al-Anon book would be "Hope for Today" aimed at adult children of Alcoholics but contains many insightful, helpful daily readings for anyone affected by someone else's drinking.
The index of subjects contained at the end of this book is great when you feel the Serenity of the programme slipping from you. You can pick a topic most suited to how you are feeling and read related readings to help you get back on track.
I've been in Al-Anon for nearly a year and this book has been instrumental, combined with my weekly meeting, in my own recovery and the list of subjects at the end has helped me through some dark moments as well as moments of joy and relief. This programme may not be for everyone but in the darkest grips of the disease of alcoholism it cannot hurt to try something that may help you to find joy in life again and Al-Anon meetings and literature could help you and I would urge anyone in this situation to give it a try. I don't know where I would be without it. All the best to anyone in this situation and I hope that you too can find the help and serenity I have received through this programme.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Addictions > Alcoholism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Addictions > Treatment
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spiritual Literature & Fiction > Devotional Calendars
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services