Courage and Air Warfare: The Aircrew Experience in World War II (Studies in Air Power) Paperback – 30 Jun 1995
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Despite the quantity of material written about the Combined Bomber Offensive during the Second World War, the full human dimension of air combat has not been thoroughly explored. This book investigates the unique nature of aerial warfare and the men who took part. It analyses aircrew selection, reaction to combat, adaptability to stress, morale, leadership and combat effectiveness. First-hand reflections of combat flyers, published materials, reports and official documents are used to compare the efforts of the US Eighth Air Force and RAF Bomber Command. There is an important reason for this comparative method. Although the Allied effort involved two separate air forces, two different philosophical concepts and two distinct approaches, both organizations were committed to a common goal. Comparing the two allows insights into the nature of air combat and its effects on aviators. Aircrew attitudes and motivation are examined, as are the physical and mental hardships which affected aircrew morale, cohesion and combat effectiveness. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Naval Warfare
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Relations