VINE VOICEon 12 January 2014
The coat was bought to replace a similar one where the zip had broken, and the day it arrived, the heavens opened, so it got a great first work out.

The caped area above your shoulders stops a lot of the rain running down your sleeves and dripping onto your hands. The cape is held in place by a ribbon with a pop-fastener, which means that if I wear the coat, and carry my shoulder bag, they unpop, but not a big deal. Nice deep pockets to put my gloves, doggie bags and keys in, and a soft checked lining. Hood adjusts, it is a little big on it's own, but if I wear a beanie beneath it (which I generally do if it's raining) it's fine. I chose this length as I'm only 5ft 2, and it comes mid-thigh, which means I can climb over stiles without catching my coat on them. The back vent is good, held closed by velcro and I haven't had any problems with it. Storm fastener over the zip is good, nice and wide. All in all, I would recommend this coat.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2014
My coat fits well, not too big but with enough room for a few layers underneath. I wore it out in the rain today for a bit and I stayed dry and warm (the weather is really rather bad right now). I love the two way zip and length of the coat. I'm a happy customer :)
on 12 March 2014
This coat is excellent value for money. I already have a brown 3/4 length which I bought in a local store £8.00 more expensive than this one I bought on line......and that inclded the postage!!! Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I love a bargain.
It is generous in it's size which allows you to wear a thick jumper or cardigan in the winter and certainly keeps you dry.
on 15 January 2014
As specified, very roomy. I found the sleeves to be a bit long, will have to turn them up. There is enough room to get a thick sweater on. I love the colour. I bought it for the shoulder cape, as I get very cold accross my back.
Yes, I would recomend it to my friends.
on 26 April 2014
I already have a brown short riding mac and a long (v expensive ) I really wanted a navy version for spring.....I thought that as the item was so cheap it may have been a bit thin or maybe have been a poor fit.....BUT...IT IS WONDERFUL.....I shall buy another later in the year.
on 20 March 2014
Quality and finish very good but sizing not quite so good. The coat is much bigger on the top than round the hips. Also it is not breathable and therefore you feel quite clammy when wearing it. Wish I had sent it back but cut the labels off before I'd worn it outside! It will do for now but will look for a breathable coat for winter.
on 1 March 2014
This riding coat is very well made and excellent value for the price. It has deep pockets and is a longer length. The warm lining makes it comfortable to wear even if you have not got a horse!
on 24 February 2014
This is a roomy comfortable jacket with features I would expect on a much more expensive jacket. Perfect for purpose
Delighted,
on 27 January 2015
After looking around for a completely waterproof long jacket I found this one. Perfect. On first wearing it I noticed, as I spotted my reflection in a shop window, that I appeared to have acquired a dorsal fin at the bottom of the jacket - not much good if you're standing upright but would probably be a boon if you fell into the sea ... However, I popped into the shop and pushed the 'fin' back into the jacket and firmly closed the placket. Since then it hasn't happened again. My husband thought it quite funny and called me 'Sharky' for a few days - but only for a few, ha ha!

The jacket is comfortable and fits well but only because I bought a size bigger than usual to allow me to wear a sweater under it. I chose to buy a red one and it is a lovely colour; not too bright. I would definitely recommend this jacket to anyone - the cape doesn't stick out too far; the sleeves are easy to turn up so, all in all, a very good buy, especially as I saw a similar one in a sale priced at £52!

By the way, I am also 5 feet 2 inches tall and agree with other reviewers that the jacket sits mid-thigh. Brilliant.
on 5 June 2014
This is a brilliant coat it does come bigger in size so i ordered a 16 instead of a 18.
Lucky for me the coat arrived on a day that was pouring down with rain so i got to try it out and yes it kept the rain off me and i had a jumper underneath my coat so it kept me warm, deep pockets are great and the hood not really big there is a inside pocket to keep your mobile phone in, the cuffs are adjustable its a great coat i am not very tall and the length is just right for me which is great as i have same coat only more expensive and longer length which i only ever wear when the weather is really bad which i call my van helsing coat.
If you are thinking of buying this coat i recommend you do as it is well worth the money and i would recommend buying from this seller as the delivery was quick and the coat did not arrive all crumpled up either.