Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 November 2015
I enjoyed this novel, thankfully little detailed sex, but a nice story. Maybe not historically the most accurate but that that did not detract from the story
on 26 April 2009
Having bought and read ALL the 'Quest' books, simply because if I start, I mean to go on, I spotted that no one had remarked how very good this book is.
This is not the usual fare as it is set in a rugged country with strong, determined men fighting for their rights and holding on to them for dear life. Then Lady Eglantine comes along and meets her match! It is romantic, sexy, amusing and a great story. Read the snatch inside the book to get you going and enjoy the trip.

The next book in the series is excellent and involves the daughter of Eglantine.

I think I will re-read them again as I have just wetted my appetite.
on 25 March 2015
Having read other books in this series even though I read them in the wrong order it doesn't deter from the series at all. That's how well written they are.
on 25 May 2016
After her husband's funeral Countess Eglantine de Crevy finds herself penniless , and her daughter pledged to wed an old man. Her only option is to hope that the deed to a property in the wilds of Scotland will allow them to hide and start a new life. When they get there they find it occupied.
Duncan MacLaren has no intention of giving up his claim to land that has belonged to his clan for generations just because this woman has an obviously forged deed. He can't however do as some suggest and fight them. They are only women and their servants, not warriors.
This is a great battle of wills between two very stubborn people. Both are used to putting others needs before their own. Our heroine has her daughters to protect. Our hero has to prove himself as the new clan chieftain.
A book that will keep you entertained all the way through. Dealing with so many personalities is a nightmare for our poor protagonists. I loved it.
on 2 December 2015
Not a bad story although maybe a little drawn out in parts. The style of writing took a little getting used to as it is partly done in old fashioned style. Quite a captivating storyline but a number of typos.
on 13 January 2016
Good rollicking read - I'm not 100% sure it's historically accurate but, really, that didn't matter at all!
on 26 September 2016
The countess (the bride quest ) was just great a historical romance book and I loved it hope you enjoy
on 27 April 2015