- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
The Counseling Dictionary: Concise Definitions of Frequently Used Terms Paperback – 18 Jun 2010
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The 3rd edition of The Counseling Dictionary is the most up-to-date and comprehensive reference work in the field of counseling. It includes 400 new terms, an expanded appendix of prominent names in the field of counseling, an up-to-date brief history of the counseling profession, and a new appendix featuring nationally prominent helping associations and organizations. Terms in the dictionary are cross-referenced and written in a concise and easy to understand way. The Counseling Dictionary is an excellent resource that will serve both experienced and novice counselors for years to come.
New to This Edition
- NEW! An appendix featuring the names of prominent men and women who have helped shape the counseling profession gives readers a sense of what these individuals have contributed to the growth of counseling (Appendix A).
- NEW! An appendix featuring the names and addresses of many of the most prominent helping associations and organizations in North America gives readers the ability to find national resources for situations that may help their clients and themselves (Appendix B).
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING:
“INSERT Reviewer Quotes”
About the Author
Samuel T. Gladding is a professor in the Department of Counseling at Wake Forest University and past president of the American Counseling Association. He has authored numerous books on counseling, including Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession (6th edition), Groups: A Counseling Specialty (5th edition), and Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice (5th edition).
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > General Knowledge & Trivia
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry