Customer reviews

on 23 August 1998
Caringer's book is definitely not a "buy a blue pillow and place it on the floral couch next to the white lamp" type of book; rather, the photographs and one-line comments give you sensible ideas on how to achieve the look you desire on your own. Whether you want to buy everything new, incorporate your existing furniture into this look, or experiment with garage sale finds, this books shows you how to do it. Everything from floors to ceilings, bathrooms to porches, as well as how to use accent pieces is covered in this book. I would also recommend it for singles/couples just starting out as it illustrates how to put together ordinary items to create an extraordinary environment.
on 12 January 1999
Now that the holidays are over and spring is around the corner, I'm so ready to redecorate and turn my house into the kind of getaway that the author describes. This book is about my style -- cozy, comfy and unpretentious. I love it! Cottage Style is going to help me create the weekend beach house of my dreams right where I live!! This is the perfect book for springtime redecorating.
on 16 April 1999
this book grows on you; if you ignore styles that aren't yours and look instead at placement and room design it will give you great ideas. The photos are very nice too.
on 19 August 1999
I started to buy the book at the bookstore and put it down -- on several trips. But, it kept drawing me in. Finally, I ordered it, and I am enjoying it very much. I find myself going back to it repeatedly -- picking it up when I finally sit down with some decaf at the end of the day or when I'm looking for an idea for a particular room. There's a lot here -- and it's fun to read, too.
on 9 June 1999
I started using the ideas in this book 3 months ago, and our home is beginning to feel like the country cottage we've always wanted. I like the pictures. And the writing is telling me how to make lots of big and small changes in every room. Thank you!!!
on 4 May 1999
Great pictures coupled with great decorating advice for everything from arranging collections (and furniture) to planning color schemes.
on 18 April 2016
Great ideas. A good read.