on 1 September 2012
helping mummy in the kitchen is favourite thing to do fo my son; bought it to keep him occupied while in the kitchen with me; also having problem with feeding my 2 years old so hope to introduce him to cooking and some plastic food fun to make him eating better ... like the toy, is small but big enough for small hands; i think not just girls can play cooking games and playing 'home' should be fun also for boys
on 7 March 2014
Bought this to go with my son's toy kitchen on his birthday. The item arrived quickly and was very good value indeed. It was for some reason extremely dusty, but nothing a good wipe couldn't fix. Colours are vibrant and food items fairly realistic. My only complaint is that it could have all been slightly bigger, particularly the proportions- sauce bottles being tiny compared to the chicken or fried egg, but no item is so small that it could be put in smaller children's mouths etc without noticing, so happy enough. Obviously my children are supervised while playing at all times, but the added security of not having tiny, or sharper plastic edges etc, means that you can relax more. Especially when a group are playing together and you have quite a few packs of pretend food in use and things are getting a little chaotic! Previous food sets we have been bought as presents have not been as good, but I feel I should say that if anyone is on the lookout for more realistic sizes of food like fruit and veg that is well coloured, I would recommend the 'Just Like Home' range of bagged plastic food available from the big children's toy store with the famous giraffe! All in all, this set is well worth getting for the money, a good variety of items, and the spatula provided is much more sturdy than the fake stainless steel one my son got with his original cooking hob. I can see there will be a lot of fighting for the chance to be 'head chef' when the birthday day arrives... Ah the makings of a good present..
on 12 February 2018
Good value for the what it costs...
paid around £3-4 and it has given hours of entertainment (on and off obviously). More importantly it has tricked my 3 year old into trying to eat fried eggs (the real ones!) as she "prepares" these herself in her play kitchen.
Success!
on 19 November 2015
I should have read some of the more recent reviews before purchasing this. Thought this pan set would make a cute stocking filler for my son but I doubt I will even give it to him. The set I received is completely different (I too received the Happy Homes Frying Pan Set). The first one I received was broken, the handle was hanging off the pan, I complained and got a refund. The second one I ordered I hoped would be the correct Cosy Cottage version but again this cheap horrible looking Happy Home set arrived. As others have said, you don't get what you order, and for the price it is not worth sending back. My son may well enjoy playing with it but the pan is so flimsy he'll probably have the handle broken on this one too! I would feel cheap putting this in his Christmas stocking so instead it may well end up in the bin! Waste of money.
on 20 May 2015
We actually only bought this to get free delivery on another product we had purchased and to be honest what a great little buy for the price. The play food is cheap but the little frying pan is fantastic a great little size for most play kitchens and the overAll quality for the price is very good. I certainly would recommend this definitely just on the cost.
on 26 June 2015
The pan is quite a solid item (unlikely to get destroyed by my 2yr old), the spatulas on the other hand is quite flimsy, the handle isn't great. Although saying that it hasn't been broken yet! My son loves playing with these, it was a cheap and cheerful addition to the other play food he has. Well worth the money in my opinion
on 18 November 2017
Brightly coloured attractive food products. Very child friendly. Good selection of easily recognised foods. Very pleased with them
on 26 December 2017
Great granddaughter loved it, only drawback was dlivery time from china
on 3 September 2014
this is the second of these I have bought.. so that each grandchild can have one.. they are fairly sturdy and good value for the money.. some of the food is quite realistic.. but bought for frying pan and spatula.. 2 year old and just 4 year old enjoy playing with them.
on 5 February 2015
Sadly similar to other more recent reviews I too received a very cheap looking alternative to that which is shown on the picture...wouldn't have minded so much if it was for me but it is part of a birthday present I've got for a friends little one and I'm too embarrassed to give this to him...looks like something you would pick up in a pound shop :(