on 18 December 2009
On a trip to Costa Rica this year, the booklet was invaluable. It doesn't give information about each bird but the colours and illustrations are very true. With its help, I was able to spot at least two thirds of the birds pictured- INCLUDING the Resplendent Quetzal.
on 7 September 2010
Perfect for putting in your back pack and going out exploring. Lightweight and durable with excellent illustrations.Will buy Costa Rica Wild Life card as well.
on 15 October 2015
It is what it says: a simple guide to the birds. Mostly pictures. It seems great for someone going on holiday as a quick reference, and I bought it for a friend. Useful to carry around. If you want detailed information, then a proper book would be needed.
on 12 April 2016
Bought this for my recent trip as thought it would be a practical substitution as I couldn't source a specific book before my departure. Many of the common birds we saw were not mentioned and at £4.17 it was an expensive piece of paper, albeit laminated. I bought a book in Costa Rica and gave the pamphlet away!
on 14 April 2013
We took this pamphlet and the sister product "Costa Rica Wildlife" on our trip to Costa Rica & it was well worth having along (this one more than the wildlife one). It weighs next to nothing & is well laminated so it lived for a fortnight in my backpack, to be pulled out as the occasion required. It's not for the serious bird spotter, but for people like me that just want to identify most of the colourful birds that we saw it's great - I managed to identify about 80% of the birds that we saw using it.
on 21 June 2013
I was delighted with this order I am going on holiday to see wildlife and birds in Costa Rica and this is exactly what I needed. Concise. colourful beautiful detail so I can easily identify which birds to look for and which birds I am looking at . It is small enough to put in my back pack and doesn't take up too much room.
on 17 May 2011
You need something more sophisticated even for a day in Costa Rica.
The similar (but bigger) version for Panama (picked up in Fuerte Amador for $10) was more useful.
on 8 October 2015
An ideal quick colour identification reference to the most common birds to be seen around in Costa Rica and so easy to slip into your pocket or bag.
on 15 May 2013
The guide arrived in good order and on time. We are going to Costa Rica in Nov- Dec 2013 this guide will be extremely useful and the birds are illustrated very well. I can not wait to receive the other pocket guide on the wildlife in Costa Rica.
on 10 March 2012
Excellent durable plasticised pamphlet which is perfect for use when out & about on tours.
Enables easy identification of birds as you see them & also perfect for identification of the birds you photographed when back at home as you put them into albums.