on 7 February 2016
Back in December I ordered two of these AMOS light clips from "only the best deals 4you" which were perfectly fine & did the job so in january I ordered 3 more but these came via" Curated-UK Ltd "this time two out of the three came with a crack on the clip making them a fire hazard as it would drop a red hot bulb onto what was under it. I would avoid these people as it is just not worth the risk these look to me to be faulty products that they are hoping for the best with and sell on the coat tails of people who do a better job. NOT SAFE.
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on 4 May 2013
These were exactly what i wanted, may get a few more. I could see them being quite useful!
The cord was slightly shorter than i expected, But i hadn't actually bothered measuring so that's my bad really. I think 3/4 meters would be better, you can always take up the cord with a tie or band.

Some of the other reviews said that they couldn't get bulbs to fit, I tried a few bulbs, all fit but some better than others. One just fit so its secureish but has not fully twisted into the bayonet. This is due to the length between the bottom of the bulb and the base of the head of the bulb being short. Bulbs with thinner and longer bases will ft no problem
on 25 October 2016
Received today - thanks very much, seller re-issued after replying to email, since - for some reason these lamps having been turning up when I try to buy them from Amazon...

Tested the wiring, all powered - plugged in the bulb and the fuse went immediately - quick change later - works perfectly - fits in the toolbox and the clip is decent enough to onto pretty much anything.

Bulb fitting's a little wonky, loose and rattles if moved, but I'm using a special UV bulb that's very long and heavy rather than a standard - this is probably why.

Thanks very much - I can now burn my emulsion for screen-printing a lot quicker and easier, rather than having to lug the screens to the massive lightbox that's kept miles away.
on 17 February 2014
I have two of these over my aquarium. You can now buy large self balasting grow lights that are the energy saving type. I have secured them to prevent any unpleasant accidents with tubing and and tension to add to the clip tension. As I felt it wasn't enough to make them 100% secure.
These holders only work with under 60 watts but you can buy ceramic heads to cope with extra heat of larger wattages. Just make sure you have them secured.
With ordinary bulbs - the standard clip is fine.
on 2 May 2015
Brilliant Item!!! This was for a cupboard and it works brilliantly. I was going to put a switch and light in, but it was going to cost over £120. This item was under £3 and does the job perfectly. I used cleats to ensure the wire was tidy on the wall, and it looks very good. It provides very good light, and you can screw the item to the wall, which I have done, as I didn't want to rely on the clamp. Recommended. One thing, the lead would be better if it was 3m in length, but hey-ho, you can't have everything! Good quality piece of kit.
on 11 March 2016
Not the most robust of things (lent on it on day one and it cracked across the gripper - my fault I admit...), but if you want a cheap lamp to clamp to things I suppose this fits the bill, maybe wish I had spend a few more pennies and got something a bit more sturdy, but for the price cant argue
on 22 January 2015
Received in good time so no complaints there, But when i opened it to fit where i wanted it i discovered it was broken on one of the wings so not impressed with the quality. I managed a work-around with it so not worth making a fuss for £2.99 hence no 5 star rating. Cheap and cheerful get what you pay for.
One person found this helpful
on 11 October 2013
I bought this to light up my larder. It clips to the shelf easily so is perfect for the job. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that it does get hot. Whilst it's ideal for me - as I'm only in and out of the larder to get things - I would not want to leave it on for a long time.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2015
Does exactly what it says on the tin and perfect for me as a videographer to clip on an additional Prolite Daylight bulb. Plus very speedy delivery - happy shopper me !!
on 18 July 2015
Absolute rubbish - shattered plastic meant my lamp dropped to the floor and now there is no way of fastening it to my rail. I tried to fix it again and it just shattered even more! Poor, poor quality, buy something else.
One person found this helpful