- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd Revised edition edition (8 Jun. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0631222634
- ISBN-13: 978-0631222637
- Product Dimensions: 25.3 x 17.8 x 3.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,495,360 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Corporate Governance Hardcover – 8 Jun 2001
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Everyone interested in business issues should welcome the publication of a new edition of this first–rate text." Professor Brian Cheffins, University of Cambridge <!––end––>
"Monks and Minow is truly a remarkable achievement – it combines a global perspective and a finely balanced account of regulatory policy with illuminating case studies of how governance works inside companies. It remains the key point of reference in its field." Simon Deakin, University of Cambridge
From the Back Cover
This book provides a comprehensive look at the history, the myth, the reality, and the future of corporate governance issues. It explains how the roles of shareholders, managers and directors have been transformed by the abuses and excesses of the takeover era, the exponential growth of the institutional investor, and the unprecedented ability of shareholders to find each other on the internet. The second edition has been extensively re–written and updated. Changes include: Excerpts from NACD reports on board professionalism and CEO succession. Impact of the internet on shareholder communications and disclosure. New cases – Daimler–Benz; Dow–Jones; Saatchi & Saatchi; Furr′s/Luby′s; Mirror; Brazil; Political contributions (US/UK). Updated cases – Inc General Motors; Sears. Including numerous case studies and supplementary online material, this book is an indispensable resource for students of business, corporate finance, law, and public policy. For supplemental resources including full appendices visit www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/monksSee all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is full of cases. If you are loking for just theory this book won't satisfy your needs .Published on 20 Feb. 2014 by Juan David Altamar
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Ethics