- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Corporate Finance and Investment: Decisions and Strategies Paperback – 26 Nov 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This popular text has been extensively revised and updated for this fourth edition. Whilst significant new material has been added, the book continues to balance the conceptual and technical aspects of Corporate Finance, without allowing theory to dominate practice. Extensive examples illustrate how the concepts involved in financing and investment decisions can be applied to practical management and business policy issues.
Corporate Finance and Investment is highly suitable for undergraduates studying for Accounting, Finance and Business Studies degrees, as well as for those taking MBA and other postgraduate level courses in corporate finance.Established distinctive features and benefits include:
- A strategic focus relating finance to management issues to set the subject in the context of corporate decision-making and planning
- Clear and accessible style presents maths using worked examples and diagrams to aid understanding and highlight application
- A UK/European perspective comprehensively addressing issues in Europe
- Practical orientation blending theory and practice and featuring a wealth of real-world examples, case studies and cameos to help students to learn how to apply their knowledge
- Recommended by CIMA and ACCA
New to this edition - Features and Benefits
- Revised and extended chapter on international finance
- New section on evaluating financial statements
- Extended coverage of shareholder value analysis
- End of chapter exercises revised and updated with answers at the end of the text to help students test their progress
- FT articles and European and Asian examples to offer a topical real-world dimension to the text
- Accompanying website featuring references to websites, power-point slides, answers to questions and a copy of the glossary taken from the text
Richard Pike is a Chartered Accountant and Professor of Accounting and Finance at the Bradford University School of ManagementBill Neale is a research fellow with University of Leicester Management Centre. He is an experienced teacher, consultant and writer
About the Author
Richard Pike is a Chartered Accountant and Professor of Finance at the Bradford University School of Management.
Bill Neale is Associate Reader in Financial Management at the University of Bournemouth Institute of Business & Law. He is an experienced teacher, consultant and writer, and is the co-author, with Trefor McElroy, of the Pearson Education text Business Finance: A Value-Based Approach.--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Budgeting & Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Budgeting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Corporate
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Investments & Securities
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > MBA