- Platform: Windows XP / 2000
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI (PC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- A complete photo tool - automatic photo fixes, precision editing controls and hundreds of unique special effects filters
- Offers intuitive features that allow the beginner and expert alike to focus on creativity
- One-stop photo management centre takes the guesswork out of finding photos stored on a computer
- Apply focus to a region of a photo while applying an out-of-focus blur to the rest of the image with the new Depth of Field Effect
- New Time Machine photographic history tour lets you view your photos as if they were taken in another era
Customers also shopped for
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Probably the best image-editing program at this price -- Computeractive
Paint Shop Pro Photo XI is the only software that puts the power of advanced photo editing into everyone's hands by combining advanced tools with an easy-to-use Learning Center, allowing anyone to create professional-results as soon as they open the box! This alone makes Paint Shop Pro Photo XI stand apart from the crowd, and when you combine that with one-of-kind photo tools it's easy to see why Paint Shop Pro is such great value-for-money.
Paint Shop Pro Photo XI has the most options for anyone interested in improving their photos. Advanced, manual correction tools OR automatic one-step fixes (Smart Photo Fix even combines these 2 methods of photo fixing for maximum efficiency), Paint Shop Pro XI has them. Tools include Background Eraser, Colour Changer, Noise Removal Filter, Perspective Correction Tool, Makeover Tools, Purple Fringe Remover, and Straighten.
In the advanced editing category, Paint Shop Pro XI has excellent Learning Tools. The Learning Center can help users 100% of the time, or it can be turned off, it can even be used just to select tools. It is the ideal way to operate within an editing program. Each section is labelled by task, not tool. Users are not expected to know what tool does what - they can simply click the task they want to accomplish and they are off and running.
Paint Shop Pro Photo XI has an outstanding array of tools for a product in its price category.
- Photo Tools - Essentials, advanced, one-step, automatic, or manual - the choice is yours
- Vector Tools - Draw, add shapes, or lines to any photo or diagram
- Text Tool - Add words to get your point across
- Special Effects - Hundreds of options for adding exciting new elements to your photos
- Graphics - Use tools designed specifically for Web designers
Top Customer Reviews
I don't have to be a graphic designer to get the best pictures out of the application. Right from starting up the software you can get stuck into using it rather than wading through a hefty manual, unlike photoshop.
The secret of this applications success, is that on the front end it looks relatively simple with plenty of wizards to walk you through what you are doing, yet a few clicks behind these menus and you can be achieving anything as technical as you can in Photoshop.
This version XI seems to have been optimized to use system resources more efficiently as the image effects are rendered on screen a lot quicker than in previous versions. I have stuck with my P4 2.8Ghz 1GbDDR ram PC I have had for the last 3 years and it runs well on this.
Conclusion - If you want to edit images with all the flair of Photoshop but without the steep learning curve, you should buy this application. At only £69 on Amazon you would be daft to spend your hard earned cash on Photoshop that costs about 5 times as much!!!
P.S. I don't want to be seen to be knocking Photoshop, but in comparison to this application it is expensive and over-complicated, but can deliver stunning results. Only buy Photoshop if you have the patience to stick with it and have a high end PC.
Overall I find that Paint shop pro is the best picture editing software available and outshines Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Before you buy remember to go to the Corel website ([...]) and try the free 30 day trial.
* Animation shop is gone - why?!
* The vector select and deformation tool have been merged to a picker tool - not a good idea: selecting small vector objects is a lot tricker because it always ends up picking the raster layers below
* Vector editing is also harder (I still do all my complex vectors on PSP7 for this reason)
* The tool options palette has changed, but text editing is slightly easier once you get used to the changes
* Where are all the presets?! PSP7 had loads of presets for all the different effects and filters but PSP XI has very few and the ones it does have are mostly rubbish
* Masking is a lot more effective and user-friendly but the Mask overlay function takes an AGE!!!!!
* It's also incredibly slow loading and carrying out effects
Overall though it's a neat piece of kit. The in-program help files are excellent and there are also some useful tutorials on the corel website. At this price, its a very affordable app and makes me wonder why non-pros want to spend half a grand extra on photoshop! If you've never tried PSP before and need convincing I would definitely recommend giving the trial version a shot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just what I wanted and the training Video that comes with it is excellent and gets you right into the workings of the software, a vey good buy and addition to my camera.Published on 29 July 2013 by Norfolk Mike
I lhave recently bought myself a new laptop which did not have this program installed. As I take.
e lots of photos I was lost without it. Great progam!
i love editing my pictures when im bored and have downloaded the trial version of this product and when i saw the price i just had to buy it and it was the best thing i could of... Read morePublished on 13 July 2010 by emma
Very good for working on damaged photo's.Updated to new computer with Vista.As Paint Shop Pro X was an excellant program,decided to stick with an upgrade of this program. Read morePublished on 28 Jun. 2009 by Mr. E. C. Dawes
This is a great and easy product to use , especially for the amateur photographer who is looking to go that be further on! Read morePublished on 6 Jun. 2009 by C. Billington
I have been a long standing user of PSP but once Corel got thier hands on it it's all over.
PSP was a byword for effective, efficient and inexpensive photo editing software. Read more
Bought the whole package, the free Corel Snapfire 30 day trial had expired without even trying it, the updates for Pain Shop Pro Photo x1 would not download. Read morePublished on 25 July 2007 by A. G. Heggie