Core Web 3D (Core Series) Paperback – 14 Sep 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The technology, tools, and bandwidth are here: Use them now with Core Web3D!
- The Web developer's guide to state-of-the-art 3D on the Internet
- Integrate Web3D into any Web site-without getting buried in code
- Covers VRML97, Java 3D, and hot new MPEG-4 and X3D technologies
Forewords by Dave Raggett, HTML Architect for the World Wide Web Consortium; Mark Pesce and Tony Parisi, Co-inventors of VRML and past Directors of the Web3D Consortium
The Web developer's guide to 3D on the Internet...
Finally, the technology, tools, bandwidth, and computing power are in place to smoothly deliver compelling 3D content over the Web. And now there's a book that helps Web developers leverage 3D―without getting overwhelmed by code!
Core Web3D unveils a suite of technologies that make it possible to deliver remarkable 3D content over the Web: VRML97, Java 3D, MPEG-4, as well as the exciting new X3D (Extensible 3D using XML), which promises to deliver interoperable, lightweight Internet and broadcast 3D.
3D experts Aaron E. Walsh and Mikaël Bourges-Sévenier demonstrate how Web3D delivers key advances over previous technologies, including international standardization, interoperability, browser ubiquity, fourth-generation APIs, and visual authoring tools.
Discover how to integrate Web3D technologies seamlessly into any Web site, by repurposing, modifying, and customizing existing Web3D content-getting great results without reinventing the wheel.
Core Web3D is the perfect guide for every Web developer working with media-rich sites.
EVERY CORE SERIES BOOK:
- DEMONSTRATES practical techniques used by professional developers
- FEATURES robust, thoroughly tested sample code and realistic examples
- FOCUSES on the cutting-edge technologies you need to master today
- PROVIDES expert advice that will help you build superior software
Core Web3D delivers:
- Comprehensive introduction to VRML97, Java 3D, MPEG-4/BIFS, and X3D
- Detailed guidance on repurposing existing Web3D code to your specific needs
- Hands-on coverage of the hot new MPEG-4/BIFS standard and the future X3D standard
- Straight-from-the-hip comparisons of Web3D technologies
About the Author
AARON E. WALSH is Chairman of Mantis Development Corporation-a development firm specializing in advanced multimedia and network technologies-and an internationally known, best-selling technology author. He is Chairman of the Web3D Consortium's Universal Media technical working group and co-chair of the Web3D Consortium's Intellectual Property Rights task group.
MIKAËL BOURGES-SÉVENIER is a Senior Software Engineer for iVAST Inc., a development firm specializing in advanced multimedia technologies. With expertise in 2D, 3D, and multimedia technologies, he is actively involved in several areas of MPEG-4 development. He chairs the 3D animation group and is in charge of the animation system for the MPEG-4 reference software group.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The first 3 chapters are the most accurate and detailed overview of 3D and the web I have ever come across in print. While these chapters give clear history and context for Web3D technologies, and their applications, they also provide a great foundation for launching into 3D computer graphics with principles of perception, rendering, and modeling being covered as well as fundamental terminology.
Now the book launches into the chief Web3D technologies in use today: VRML, Java3D, MPEG-4, and the forthcoming X3D. The biggest strengths in these treatments are not only the detail- enough for implement even the more obscure features- but the organization. Each has an overview, fundamentals, and then authoring sections. There is a LOT of info here and a lot of code! ...and all in one place!
If you are a professional or hobbyist gearing up to deploy or refine 3D content for the web, this book may become your bible. In addition, each section is packed with links and online resources. I particularly liked the concise descriptions of how to integrate VRML scenes with HTML since this is currently the most accessible media combination...
So hats off ot the authors and the publishers for delivering a forward thinking, comprehensive book about the dimension-breaking technology we can use today!
Technical Writer, Producer [...] - the 3DEZine
Webmaster, Board of Directors for The Web3D Consortium
Though it's quite comprehensive as far as the overview is concerned, it's not worth spending your time through more than 1100 pages to just learn a introductory skills. If you need practical real-world skills, look somewhere else, just like me.
The first 3 chapters are the most accurate and detailedoverview of 3D and the web I have ever come across in print. Whilethese chapters give clear history and context for Web3D technologies,and their applications, they also provide a great foundation forlaunching into 3D computer graphics with principles of perception,rendering, and modeling being covered as well as fundamentalterminology.
Now the book launches into the chief Web3D technologiesin use today: VRML, Java3D, MPEG-4, and the forthcoming X3D. Thebiggest strengths in these treatments are not only the detail- enoughfor implement even the more obscure features- but the organization.Each has an overview, fundamentals, and then authoring sections.There is a LOT of info here and a lot of code! ...and all in oneplace!
If you are a professional or hobbyist gearing up to deployor refine 3D content for the web, this book may become your bible. Inaddition, each section is packed with links and online resources. Iparticularly liked the concise descriptions of how to integrate VRMLscenes with HTML since this is currently the most accessible mediacombination...
So hats off ot the authors and the publishers fordelivering a forward thinking, comprehensive book about thedimension-breaking technology we can use today!...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Network Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design