on 21 August 2013
I was really happy when i found this because you can't buy this in the shops in England. I did know at the time that dispatch from the USA would be the factor that made this purchase a little more expensive than normal, but i figured it would be worth it. It wasn't worth it for what i got, and I will explain why towards the end.

The physical quality of the discs, in my opinion, was dreadful. At first glance I honestly thought that they looked like they could have been fakes, like someone could have used a scanner, and glued a picture on top of a disc. Then I took a longer second look and realised that they were genuine and that this is just they way that North American discs [region 1 NTSC discs] are produced; cheap looking. They actually give the impression of being of an inferior quailty when compared to European [region 2 PAL format discs] or Australian [region 4] discs.

The playing quailty isn't great either. Ihave a region-free DVD player and I have a large DVD collection of region 1,2 and 4 DVD's that play happily on my DVD player the first time (with the exception of a few other region 1 titles). But all of the COPS discs (the 20th anniversary edition, caught in the act, bad girls, and shots fired) appear like they just don't want to play straight away and I find that I must eject and reload the discs numerous times before they decide to play.

The actual content is good, delivering a fast paced, action packed experience that you may genuinely enjoy watchig again and again without the expectant feeling of boredom that other, less exciting titles may deliver.

However, each one of this set's discs only last approximately 50 minutes, and that's where I feel the price let me down. Now knowing what I know about this set I would say that in my opinion, I wouldn't like to pay as much as I did, due to the discs' un-appealing physical condition and teething problems when trying to play them every time. I think that if you can get them for the equivalent of about a couple of pounds each less the postage, they're a good buy and of course if you're a hardcore COPS fan then I'm sure you'll enjoy them whatever you pay.
on 7 May 2013
It does work in England. Needs to be more clear on where you can play the DVD. So yeah love the show cops was really excited about the DVDs. But disappointed now