Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 June 2016
A nice book to show how a child should be when they're angry I'm dealing with a very angry four-year-old at the moment I'm not sure whether books are working quite as they used to but I will persevere
on 12 November 2012
the content and tips are good. Story is not quite as "smooth" a read as I like, but overall it did the job trying to help my 5-year old find alternate ways of dealing with anger.
I bought it as an ebook for my kindle app. Unfortunately the image spreads don't line up or cannot be viewed as a spread. This makes reading a little "bumpy" and I find myself adding a word or two to help connect some ideas more clearly.
on 30 May 2013
Ordered this book to help address anger amd frustration with my five year old boy. It helped I think because it was a book telling him the right way to deal with his feelings and not me nagging at him. Also for me it made me feel better as I thought if they have written a book on this subject for parents to share with a child I cant be the only one dealing with this!!!
VINE VOICEon 20 January 2010
I bought this because my 8 year old autistic son is hitting out whenever he is angry or frustrated. I am very pleased with the book. The illustrations are lovely and there is alot to discuss on each page. The story re-inforces the fact that hands are not for hitting they are for doing lots of other things with. It prompts you to carry out games with your child.

I am impressed with this book, it will be a useful tool for me to reinforce the fact that hands are not for hitting.
on 6 May 2012
great book and price, very easy to read and for a child to understand ideal for helping kids control and work through anger
on 19 June 2015
Read this with my 3 year old as a last ditch attempt to get her to stop hitting and pushing. Initially thought it was to mature for her but she understands and recites it back to me. 'Hands are not for hitting mummy'. It's really helped
on 8 August 2013
made it easy to talk to a child, that doesn't want to talk about how he feels.
and says he hates his self,i read it like a bed time story.
and also said that mummy feels like it at times to,also left the book out for others to read so they understand
on 17 April 2012
We bought this for our 7 year old foster child who was having problems controlling her anger. She really loves the book and will respond when we prompt her with some of the phrases used in the story. It will be a long time before she stops hitting but at least we can now talk about the subject in an "unthreatening" way and she is more likely to laugh than go into tantrum. We are making progress - slowly but surely!
on 29 May 2013
Easy to read with great visual representation. Useful resource book for all young children with anger issues. Easy to share and read out loud.
on 29 April 2014
great little book good to work through with children can use it to write a simpler book for younger children or change to a social story