on 10 August 2010
I have always found Mary Berry Cookery Books to be an essential part of of my life in the kitchen. I purchased my first copy of one of her books when I was newly married 30+ years ago and over the years have built up a large selection covering so many aspects of cooking. When Lucy Young started producing books I bought each of them and between the two of them need never refer to any other cookery writer (although I do have an extensive library of cookery books). This latest book is ideal for anyone who is faced with the prospect of entertaining larger numbers of people and feel quite daunted at the prospect, not only does it assist with quantities, serving ideas etc it also has a selection of easily prepared dishes with very clear instructions on how and when to prepare the dish in relation to the time of the social occasion. I would strongly recommend all Mary Berry Books, this book has made a welcome addition to my collection.
11 Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 September 2010
I feel that this is the book I have been waiting for! I frequently have to cater for large numbers of family and always panic and have sleepless nights for weeks beforehand. I really appreciate the variety of recipes and the fact that I can prepare for either moderate or large numbers and that the hard work of planning how much to prepare has been done for me. I am thrilled with my copy.
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 August 2016
My wife loves it.
on 21 May 2017
Bought as a present and they loved it
on 8 August 2017
Lovely recipe book good instructions
on 5 June 2017
Great book. Lucy should have her own TV series.
on 26 May 2017
I am not a confident cook but recipes in this book were easy to follow, turned out well and tasted great!
on 10 April 2017
We borrowed this from the public library and both my wife and i decided it was so useful that we should get our own copy
on 2 October 2017
Great book
on 9 May 2016
Just used this excellent book to cater a party for 60 people. There is a brilliant information page at the start that helps you work out how much of different basics e.g. bread or cream or rice or chicken you need to cater for different numbers of people. Recipes are easy to follow and very easy to use for different numbers of people. Lots of advice on how to set up the table for a buffet or different sorts of parties. The food is excellent and the recipes have a really helpful section that specifies which bits can be done in advance. The coronation chicken went down a storm. The exotic fruit salad was fab on the night and still good the next day. If you're planning to cater for a celebration, get this book!