Conversations with Jean-Paul Sartre Hardcover – 1 Jan 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'One would perhaps have to go back as far as Voltaire to find a comparable case of a writer whose influence extended well beyond literature, into the realm of philosophical, historical, and political thought.' New York Review of Books 'I want to always remain an appeal for living.' Sartre 'This volume has the merit of allowing the reader to become easily acquainted with some challenging aspects of Sartre's writings while gaining a clear insight into the broad spectrum of his thought and his legendary capacity for skilful remorseless self-analysis.' Journal of Contemporary European Studies
About the Author
Jean Paul Sartre (1905-1980) became the emblematic French thinker of his generation. His hugely influential writings - ranging across philosophy, novels, stories, plays, and political pamphlets - include Being and Nothingness, Critique of Dialectical Reason, Nausea, The Words, and No Exit and the Flies. Perry Anderson is the author of many works including Lineages of the Absolutist State, In the Tracks of Historical Materialism, A Zone of Engagement and The Origins of Postmodernity. He teaches history at UCLA and is an editor of New Left Review. Quintin Hoare is a prize-winning translator and editor of Gramsci and Sartre, among others. Ronald Fraser is author of the classic Blood of Spain.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies