Controller Area Network Projects Paperback – 15 Aug 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Controller Area Network (CAN) was originally developed to be used as a vehicle data bus system in passenger cars. Today, CAN controllers are available from over 20 manufacturers, and CAN is finding applications in other fields, such as medical, aerospace, process control, automation, and so on.
This book is written for students, for practising engineers, for hobbyists, and for everyone else who may be interested to learn more about the CAN bus and its applications.
The aim of this book is to teach you the basic principles of CAN networks and in addition the development of microcontroller based projects using the CAN bus. In summary, this book enables the reader to:
• Learn the theory of the CAN bus used in automotive industry
• Learn the principles, operation, and programming of microcontrollers
• Design complete microcontroller based projects using the C language
• Develop complete real CAN bus projects using microcontrollers
• Learn the principles of OBD systems used to debug vehicle electronics
You will learn how to design microcontroller based CAN bus nodes, build a CAN bus, develop high-level programs, and then exchange data in real-time over the bus. You will also learn how to build microcontroller hardware and interface it to LEDs, LCDs, and A/D converters.
The book assumes that the reader has some knowledge on basic electronics. Knowledge of the C programming language will be useful in later chapters of the book, and familiarity with at least one member of the PIC series of microcontrollers will be an advantage, especially if the reader intends to develop microcontroller based projects using the CAN bus.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Out of 12 chapters there is only chapter 11 that actually provides some of that. The remaining chapters contain data that can be found in the public domain, including various specifications.
The three CAN projects that are described are based on a specific development kit, so if you don't have that you won't get very far.
This book serves as a collection of information around CAN. If you are after some hands-on information to get you started on CAN projects look somewhere else.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
But the book is what I needed for the Pic connection.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Computer Aided Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering