ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
|Price:||£165.47 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.52 (3%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Locking Instant On-Record Switch: No power button, no problem. Simply slide the Instant On-Record switch into its locking position to ensure you shoot exactly when you're ready.
- Waterproof without a case: Good things come in small packages. The ContourROAM2 sheds bulk by working underwater without an extra case. Minimalism is a good thing.
- Versatility: Whether snorkeling, snowboaring, or tearing up single track, the ContourROAM2 is ready for any adventure. It's compatible with every Contour mount giving you unlimited angles. The 270 degree rotating lens means no matter where the camera is mounted, you'll always get the perfect, level shot.
- Laser Alignment: Get the correct angle any time with the built-in laser level.
- Long Battery Life: Shoot up to 3.5 hours of footage. The Instant On-Record switch means there is no standby mode. The battery is only in use when shooting, giving you more bang per charge.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Black
The ContourROAM2 is quite simply the easiest and most stylish way to shoot action video. Building on the success of our most-loved camera the ContourROAM, the high-performing ContourROAM2 retains the key features of its predecessor while including some brilliant updates. Packed with well-designed features like four HD-video modes, an Instant-On Record Switch, a 270° rotating lens, and Contour's signature laser alignment, you'll have everything you need in a compact, easy-to-use camera. And whether you want to stand out in the crowd with the vibrant red, green or blue colour options, or stick with stylish black, the ContourROAM2 offers a lot more than just good looks.
Crystal Clear HD Video
The ContourROAM2 with full HD (1080p) recording capability provides crisp, clear images for those moments that won’t stand still. And with the 5MP sensor you can set the camera in Still Photo Mode to take pictures every 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds. In Video Mode the camera’s high speed shooting system can capture 60fps at 720p and 30fps at 1080p, achieving that smooth video quality you’ve come to expect from Contour cameras. All this together with the 170° wide-angle custom six-element glass lens, combine to create captivating action images you’ll want to view time and again.
Still the simplest camera to use on the market, the Locking Instant-On Record Switch makes it easy to get the perfect shot. Even in extreme conditions the camera will continue to record without fear of being accidentally deactivated. Simply push the slider forward to its locking position and you can concentrate on the more important stuff, like having fun.
If you love to water ski or ride waves in the surf the waterproof ContourROAM2 will capture all the action. Waterproof to a depth of 1 metre you won’t have to worry about spray or dipping it in the water. If you want to submerge the camera at greater depths the Contour Waterproof Case is available as an optional accessory and is specifically designed to protect the camera down to 60 metres.
With a huge selection of mounts on offer you’ll never have to worry about getting the perfect shot. The ContourROAM2 comes with a Profile Mount for fixing the camera to your helmet, and a Rotating Flat Surface Mount, which is designed to use on a number of surfaces and gives you the confidence that once locked it will stay in place. Contour provides mounts for everything from surfing to skiing, tactical performance and sportsman adventures, as well as general usage such as mounting to hats or goggles.
And once mounted you can ensure the camera is level with the horizon by using the in-built Laser Line. Using the projected line as a guide simply rotate the lens up to 270° until the line is horizontal and you're ready to go. You may of course prefer to record at an angle or even upside down for a completely different perspective.
Long Battery Life
The ContourROAM2 is powered by a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion 3.7V 1350mAh battery which is easily recharged in-camera using the supplied USB Cable. Thanks to the Instant-On Record Switch there is no standby mode so you can shoot up to 3.5 hours without needing to recharge. Video and data are stored on microSD card and a 4GB card is included. The ContourROAM2 can also be used with SDSC microSD cards up to 2GB and SDHC microSD cards up to 32GB.
The ContourROAM2 is ready for any adventure so live life in colour and share your action packed moments through film.
ContourROAM2 versus Contour+2
The ContourROAM2 is just one of two great action cameras from Contour. Take a look at the table below comparing the features of both.
|Locking Instant-On Record Switch||Y||Y|
|Waterproof||to 1 metre without additional protection||with included case to 60 metres for 30 minutes|
|Still photo mode||Y||Y|
|HD 1080p 960p 720p||Y||Y|
|Included microSD card||4GB||4GB|
|iOS/Android BT 2.1||Y|
|External Mic Jack||Y|
|Lens type||Custom 6-Element Glass||Custom 6-Element Glass|
|Full HD||1920 x 1080 @ 30/25fps||1920 x 1080 @ 30/25fps|
|Tall HD||1280 x 960 @ 30/25fps||1280 x 960 @ 30/25fps|
|Action HD||1280 x 720 @ 60/50 or 30/25fps||1280 x 720 @ 60/50 or 30/25fps|
|Slow Motion||854 x 480 @ 120/100, 60/50 or 30/25 fps|
|Photo Mode Interval||1,3,5,10,30,60s||1,3,5,10,15, 20,30,45,60s|
|Dimensions||100 x 55 x 34mm||98 x 60 x 34mm|
|Included mounts||Profile Mount, Rotating Flat Surface Mount||Profile Mount, Rotating Flat Surface Mount|
|Included cables||USB||USB, Mini HDMI, Mic|
|Memory Card Compatibility||up to 32GB microSD||up to 32GB microSD|
|Battery Life||3 - 3.5 hrs||2 - 2.5 hrs|
Rotating Flat Surface Mount
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I seriously took my time mounting on the bottom right side of my helmet. I held it on tightly, recorded for a few seconds then checked the footage. I was delighted to see just the tip of my helmet in the shot so i stuck it on with the super adhesive swivel mount that was provided. This was great for adjusting the angle to match my point of vision. The laser beam test facility is a great trick for testing against the wall before i leave to ensure i'm filming what i want to film. It makes obvious where the camera is pointing. Out on the bike the large sliding record button is idiot proof. Forward and back, start and stop, so easy!!
I was delighted with the picture on my mac and had a laugh running it through iMovie to make a quick movie trailer and load on Facebook. The picture i get on my 50 TV is also stunning! Of course the sound is taboo while riding at high speeds but to expect anything else would be stupid!Read more ›
* simple to operate. Slider switch on top of unit turns camera on and records and off again. Loud beep (can be turned on or off in settings) confirms the action plus LED red light (can be turned on / off in settings) shows unit is recording.
* Good battery life. Get a good 3+ hours out of this. Will record all of my 56 mile loop round these parts. Will record most of the 72 mile one.
* Can be charged while filming. By taking out the a USB battery charging pack (one of those big ones for charging phones several times at festivals etc) the camera will record for a lot longer. Can capture all my 72 mile spin with this on.
* Good picture quality and choice of resolutions. I mainly use this in tall HD which is basically the same as 720p HD with the tops and bottoms left on producing a 4:3 aspect video. I prefer 4:3 aspect ratio for bike video anyway as 16:9 doesn't really give as good all round coverage. The 170 degree angle is pretty standard with these type of action cameras. Whilst being quite useful in getting all the surrounding detail into the frame (at the expense of fish eye distortion) the 170 degree angle does make things in the centre of the shot look *much* further away than they are. This is quite obvious considering how much extra "view" it's capturing at the edges of the frame. 1080p mode is 130 degree which is far more sensible for a lot of shooting. I'd say 170 degree best when the camera is mounted on the stem (as it will capture both sides of the handle bars and the speedo etc on the road bike from there) and 130 degree for on the helmet (as the camera is then directional, due to being on your head).Read more ›
What's in the box?
In the box you get:
• The camera itself
• 2 self adhesive mounts (one curved, swivelling and lockable and one flat)
• A strong, detachable lanyard which affixes to either of the mounts via a protruded corner should the camera slide off the rails somehow
• A mini USB > USB cable to connect it to your PC
• Storage 'sock' to keep it clean with an included 'flannel-y' material to clean the lens should you need it and a small pocket to keep a spare memory card
• Black plastic lens cap (don't forget to remove that when recording (-.-')
• Spare, flat adhesive sticker
• Pointless 'Contour' sticker, if you're into advertising for other companies..
• Micro SD > normal SD card adapter
From what I saw, the 720p looked the same as 1080p, unless I need to uncompress the video file somehow. I tried all of the quality options and they pretty much identical (Contour action - 720p 20/30fps, 'normal' 720p, 20/30fps - 'Tall HD' - 960p, 20/30fps, Full 1080p - 1080p, 20/30fps), I need to do some more testing and may upload a comparison video at some point so you can see what I mean, so far - not impressed. There is also a continuous photo mode with programmable second delay (one every 2, 5, 10 etc.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this camera in 2014 for £157 it is now just scrap it won't do anything it won't even show up on the Mac, I contacted contour and they gave all the standard reply's try... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Tony
Great camera. A bit too heavy for a cycle helmet so i bought a bar strap extortionate at £30.
HD great quality and if you have OTG (on the go)phone you can alter the setting... Read more
Very good until it goes wrong. Mine stopped charging after 4 months. Customer support have ignored all my messages and there is no UK support no. Now it is just junk.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a fantastic camera. Simple to use, and with the contour storyteller software (downloaded from the web) easy to manage as well. Read morePublished 3 months ago by CS
I have just returned from a ski holiday using my Contour Roam 2. Auto white balance was selected because of the changing weather conditions forecast - sunshine and overcast on the... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mr S J A Bruggenwirth
This was recommended to me and does what it says on the box. love the infra red leveler makes all your pics look normalPublished 4 months ago by charles m.
Returned - I will not pay import duty where it is not clear enough stated in the adPublished 4 months ago by M.Field